Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frozen pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frozen pizza

I'm sure this might be on here already, but haven't looked. Sorry. Anyway, I know some of us probably throw stuff up in the smoker as opening acts while we're waiting for the main course; ie. Sausage, mushrooms, etc. The other day, I threw a run of the mill 3 meat cheap frozen pizza up top while I had a roast in the smoker. It took a lot longer than I thought it would, and I gave it a lot more smoke than I was planning, but it wasn't bad. If you want crust, cheese, and 3 meats covered in so much smoke that it's pouring out your mouth when you eat it, then have at. But, I would probably hit it with less smoke next time. Real cheap red baron pie; live and learn; but if you want great snacks, don't forget to load up on other "main" things.

Well, if if you enjoyed it, it's a win!

Comment

Right on, Ed. For sure. I wasn't hating it. And if people are wondering, can I smoke that?........FIND OUT!!! Hahaha

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds tasty!!! I'll be tryin' it...
        Nice avatar, btw!!!

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        I really like the taste of home-smoked cheese. Try some fontina in a partly open foil packet some time.

I throw frozen pizzas in the RecTec all the time. They taste a lot better than they do when cooked in an kitchen oven. Crank it all the way up!

Comment

Takes it to a whole new level, doesn't it?! I'm assuming it's that way with most things.

Comment

Man+fire+Smoke. Add pizza. What's not to love?!

Comment

Haha! That's right! And que...bringing the Thunder!

Comment

Hahaha. Thanks, Bones. Still looking after all these sick chaps around here....which has also given me a little time to run the smoker. Gonna get up with you soon, I promise, man.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Sweet Deal! I'm In!!! Take care o' them young'uns, smoke when ya can!

Hell, I smoked Klik (canadian version of Spam) while waitin' for the ribs. No rules on the smoker..lol. I even made Klikabobs...it's the champagne of pork fat.

Comment

Nice! Yeah always looking for extra stuff to toss in there. And guess I always think cold smoke when I think cheese. Definitely giving that a try, EDF. Locotec, I thought about trying some kabobs the other day. Gonna make that happen soon as well.

Comment

Ah, it was fettucine with fontina, smoked together that I was thinking about.

Comment

Sounds amazing. 👍

Comment

• EdF
                      EdF commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's in Joe Famularo's Joy of Grilling, which has lots of interesting recipes, though it's not particularly BBQ oriented.

I have a pellet smoker...Any new tips on smoking a frozen pizza? I have a pizza Stone that just came in the mail figured i’d see if I can get away with the easy frozen pizza for now.

should I thaw it out and try to treat it like a fresh pizza? or just follow directions on box? Any suggestions are welcome.

thanks

Comment

• JCGrill
                      JCGrill commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Do NOT put a frozen pizza on a stone, you will crack it.

Pizza is generally cooked at way higher temps than you would smoke at. Sounds like you enjoyed it though!

Comment

I use the grill most of the time during the summer. Getting the top done before the bottom chars is tricky. Using a screen helps.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here