Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Caputo flour.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Caputo flour.

I just received an email about this new Caputo "American" pizza flour and thought I'd post a link. The flour is available on Amazon, but there is little, if any, info on how it differs from any other flour. I get the sense that it's supposed to cook at lower temps and produce a NY style pizza, but they never come out and actually say that.

Is it 00 ?

Comment

Caputo or 00 flour... is milled and processed to remove most of the natural sugar content found in all flour. The intent of removing the sugar is to allow really high temperature baking, without burning the crust. It was originally created in Italy especially to bake Neapolitan pizza at 800° to 1000° in a brick oven. The idea was to be able to bake pizza in 90 seconds so the pizzeria could produce more pizza's quickly. Higher production, less labor, more profits.🤑

They must have left more of the sugar in the flour to be able to bake it at lower temperatures and get the crust to brown properly.🤔
      Last edited by Breadhead; December 17, 2016, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here