Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pizza Round 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pizza Round 3

First two attempts at a pizza on the grill, not so successful. I had trouble getting the temp up over 500. Round 3 and we are getting closer. Temp still not as hot as I want but end result was pretty good this time. Nice crispy crust.
    Attached Files

I've haven't had pizza in 2 plus weeks. One more week I will be free. My grilled pizza was pretty good. Pizza Hut does better.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Really?? I love thin crust, but typically settle for pepperoni lovers. Of course out here it is more of a pepperoni crush than LOVE.

• DeusDingo
      DeusDingo commented
      Editing a comment
      pizza hut does a great salt pizza where all you can taste is salt - oh wait, that's all their pizza

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      I loooove salt......

[QUOTE=BloomHybrid;n232733]First two attempts at a pizza on the grill, not so successful. I had trouble getting the temp up over 500. Round 3 and we are getting closer. Temp still not as hot as I want but end result was pretty good this time. Nice crispy crust.

Your pizza's look great. If you are using bread flour or all purpose flour 470° degrees is hot enough to bake pizza. Pizza Hut uses a Conveyor oven set up at 470° and it takes them 7 minutes to bake a pizza.
    Last edited by Breadhead; October 24, 2016, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      How long does it take Papa John's to bake a pizza?

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Give Peyton Manning a call and ask him that. He owns 21 Papa John franchises. I've never been to a Papa John's, I have no clue.
      You can bake a really good Neapolitan pizza at 800°/900° in 90 seconds, as they do in Italy. You can bake a pizza in your home oven at 500° in about 5 or 6 minutes.

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      I did a couple of frozen pizzas ( with the rising crust) in the RecTec set @ 550 F. and it only took about 10 mins.

What type of grill are you using? Are you getting the pizza pan/stone up into the higher area, where the temp is higher, or are you at grate level? As Breadhead stated, 470 is plenty hot for bread flour to crisp up.
    Those pizzas look pretty good to me!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here