Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kettle + SnS for pizza - attempt # 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bchbum12
    replied
    There's a terrific pizza peel that you should take a look at that will make your pizza transferring life so much easier whether in your oven or on your grill. It's called the EXO Super Peel Pizza Peel. Got one a couple of years ago and the thing lives up to its reputation. Pizzas slide easily right off and back on when done. Give it a look.

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    RonB ... Yes, you cooked hot enough to brown your crust nicely. 00 flour has less natural sugar than bread flour and all purpose flour. The fact that your crust actually browned tells me you had sufficient heat. Again... Nice cook!

• l'inferno
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for posting all the pics. Pizza looked awesome.
    Only issue I could see was there was ONLY one beer and no wine. Congrats.

• l'inferno
    replied
    Did search per @mbelang

https://tn-sd.com/product/the-relic-...ng-brick-oven/

Like most, I don't need much of an excuse to purchase an additional and most likely not totally needed accessory for my Weber (read looflighter, smokeEZ, Smokenator, rib-o-lator).
    But regarding the above, well... the way I see some cats here cook pizza I think the "Relic" may be aptly named. Seems like it might be heavy for the OTG. Maybe on Performer.
    *(What's abbreviation for Performer?)
    Last edited by l'inferno; July 21, 2016, 07:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Potkettleblack
    replied
    Looks good to me, but I get what you're saying about wanting it a particular way. Good luck on your next attempt. You'll get it.

Leave a comment:

• KARB2014
    replied
    RonB excellent looking pizza. RonB Koy Schoppe If you two don't mind me asking which recipe are you guys using for your dough?

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    Thanx all for commenting. I appreciated the kudos and the suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    Thanx @ Breadhead. I did peg the dial on the dome thermometer, (600* max). Do you think the temp went high enough to justify the 00 flour?

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    Thanx Thunder77. I have the grate that came with the Smokenator 1000. The steel may be too big to fit on top, but I guess I should try it to be sure...

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    Thanx mbelang. I did rotate the pie, but it actually came in contact with the hot coals when I put it in, and it stuck to the grate. It took me a minute to get it unstuck and moved.

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    Thanx David Parrish. I am very picky and intend to stay that way on my own cooks.

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    Thanx, but the idea came from Koy Schoppe in this thread:

Decided to fire up the kettle and SnS in pizza oven mode again. Works so good. Here's the set up: Full chimney of briquettes poured into the SnS once they

• Breadhead
    replied
    I agree on the Hovergrill and you pizza crust looks really nice. That open and airy crumb is perfect. Good job!

Leave a comment:

• Thunder77
    replied
    RonB, that looks dang good! On thing you might want to consider is either a hovergrill, or another type of rack to get your steel higher into the dome. This will help get the top and bottom cooking at the same time. Just a thought....
    Pizza looks great though!

Leave a comment:

• mbelang
    replied
    Looks awesome. Maybe rotate a pie once to keep one side from getting burnt. Better than my tries on my kettle. I'm picking up a SnS plus so I'll have to try this.

Saw a Kickstarter for a modular pizza oven that fits on a Weber kettle. Probably not available until 2018 (they say 2017 but it's Kickstarter) and looks like it'll cost a smooth $1000. Called a Relic oven by a company in TN.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here