Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Pizza Serving Pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Pizza Serving Pan

I'm just getting started with Pizza and want to serve it on nice metal pans when I take it off the pizza stone. Aluminum, or Steel? Or some other, third thing?

I don't have to worry about a serving pan, the ingrates shove me outta the way and stomp on my carcass while grabbing off the cutting board....

Comment

• DrJimmy2112
      DrJimmy2112 commented
      Editing a comment
      My experience too, every weekend....I watch them start eating thru the window while I am still on the deck cooking mine....

I have these and think they're fine. At the time they were a few bucks a piece. I have at least 4 of them.
    American Metalcraft TP13 Wide Rim Pizza Pan, Aluminum, 13-Inches, Silver https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006388U0...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

These Pizza Peels are really nice and affordable. Sold at most kitchen stores.
    Shop the Epicurean Pizza Peel for pizza prep and serving. It's dishwasher and oven safe and made from eco-friendly wood alternatives in the USA.

Comment

I do not have these, but just for serving these might help keep the crust crisp.

Also, for presentation and ease of serving at the table, a pizza pan stand could help.

Comment

I vote some other third thing! Yessir. 🕶

Comment

• hoovarmin
          hoovarmin commented
          Editing a comment
          I knew you would!

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL !

I use cutting boards just a little larger than a pizza. Cutting and serving on the same piece saves a transfer, which is trickier when the pizza is in 8 pieces.

Comment

I'm confused (in general, and also on this topic.) Are you saying you would move the pizza to a metal pan, then cut it (ouch for both the cutter and the pan), or cut it on a cutting board, then move it to a metal pan (why?).

I go from pizza oven to a cutting board, and serve on the cutting board.

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            I cook a pizza and slide it onto a pan then pick up another pizza and go cook that.

• hoovarmin
            hoovarmin commented
            Editing a comment
            Since I have 7 kids, 5 with significant others who eat with us regularly, I have to make 3-5 pizzas to feed them, and that's really an appetizer. I don't have that many cutting boards, and I just use a cheap pizza cutting wheel, so if it doesn't make it I just buy another one. I should probably just stick to pork shoulders, lol.
            Last edited by hoovarmin; May 18, 2022, 07:48 PM.

• radshop
            radshop commented
            Editing a comment
            OK - that makes sense. Go with what works. For me, even when making 10-12 pizzas in one night, I never used more than 2 cutting boards. If the crowd isn't clearing it out fast enough, then I get to grab a slice, slurp some beer, and ask folks if they're still hungry.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here