Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keto Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keto Pizza

Click image for larger version

Name:	8D0DF0B2-B905-440D-9468-76B03FFEA9BC.jpeg
Views:	415
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	1136094 I know, sounds like an oxymoron! I sure miss pizza and my Pizza oven doesn’t get much use lately. Pizza is all about the crust, like sandwiches are all about the bread. I have to cheat once a month and make real pizza, Neapolitan!
    In the keto-sphere, pizza is the holy grail. Everyone is trying to figure it out, it just ain’t happening without wheat flour. That said, I found one recently (I’ve tried many) that is very good (ain’t real pizza) but is an excellent dish. Made this in my pizza oven at 750° which is why the edge got a little dark. If you are lookin, give this a shot.
    This guy Dennis from the Black Tie Kitchen, check out his You Tube channel, is truly the Alton Brown of Keto/low carb. He’s very entertaining.

Last edited by SierraBBQGuy; December 2, 2021, 07:42 PM.

When I was keto, I did fathead crust.

Comment

• SierraBBQGuy
      SierraBBQGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, me too

• Murdy
      Murdy commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too. It's ok.

I literally just finished watching this video. Seems good no?

Comment

• SierraBBQGuy
      SierraBBQGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      I watched this today too, love Chef Jean Pierre. Unfortunately this isn’t low carb.

I like sausage crust. So many people are eating it that it’s now an option at Lou Malnati’s.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sid P; December 2, 2021, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• Sid P
      Sid P commented
      Editing a comment
      SierraBBQGuy You might like this https://www.tastesofchicago.com/cate...omepage_Banner

Last year we sent Lou’s to our out of state siblings, and it was a huge hit.

• Murdy
      Murdy commented
      Editing a comment
      It's great. They recommend cooking it a little more to get the sausage to crisp up a bit. Was a godsend when we were doing strict keto.

• Sid P
      Sid P commented
      Editing a comment
      Murdy We like it a lot, although we make it thinner when we do it at home. Good advice about crisping it up.
      Last edited by Sid P; December 4, 2021, 05:21 PM.

I have a soft spot for gluten-free people ever since I bought my Blackstone Pizza Oven for $50 from a guy who went gluten-free after 3 pizzas.

Comment

• SierraBBQGuy
      SierraBBQGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha, actually gluten isn’t a problem on Keto, although a problem for some people. The recipe I posted here uses Vital Wheat Gluten.

I make my crust out of chicken thighs, eggs & basic pizza herbs. Topped with several cheeses, pepperoni, olives, peppers & mushrooms. This was the last one I did and definitely the best tasting one so far. Click image for larger version

Name:	pizza.jpeg
Views:	354
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	1136440

Comment

• Murdy
      Murdy commented
      Editing a comment
      interesting. Do you shred the thigh meat?

• JohnPaul
      JohnPaul commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes put it in the food processor add just enough olive oil to allow it to turn into a paste. Par cook the thigh crust to set it and dry it out a little. Then dress it however you like.

Edit: I make the edges on mine a little higher to hold in all my goodies instead of totally flat.
      Last edited by JohnPaul; December 4, 2021, 02:23 PM.

Even pizza variants are cool! Sorta kinda may not be the real thing but in this case, yup!

Comment

Cauliflower crust? I’ve found a few pizza spots that serve cauliflower crust and are amazing. Done in a wood fired oven. The first time I ordered at the spot near me, I told the server they brought the wrong pizza because the crust looked like regular pizza to me.

Comment

• Murdy
        Murdy commented
        Editing a comment
        Some of the cauliflower crusts aren't very Keto, some are, gotta watch it closely.

That sounds really good. I've ordered the lupin flour and the wheat gluten to give it a try. This one (also keto) is definitely on my list to try - https://www.afamilyfeast.com/keto-sheet-pan-pizza

Comment

• Dick Anderson
        Dick Anderson commented
        Editing a comment
        I made this tonight,using my homemade sausage (plenty freakin' hot), and liked it okay, but even a 1/4 cup of coconut flour stands out. I'll try it again, with tweaks. Thanks for the link.

• SierraBBQGuy
        SierraBBQGuy commented
        Editing a comment
        No coconut flour in the one I posted

• Argoboy
        Argoboy commented
        Editing a comment
        After reading this post we watched the video and we purchased some of the ingredients at Bulb Barn today. We will give this a try in the near future,thank you for posting.

There are lots of recipes now online using yeast with vital wheat gluten Along with some combo of almond/coconut or oat fiber and Lupin flour. Much better than any of the fat head or cauliflower types IMO.
      Carnivore and 100% cheese crusts taste great, but the just ain’t pizza.

Comment

I just made a double recipe of this dough for pizzas tonight. I'll report back on how it went. I'll be using the oven as it will be dark and cold by the time I get back from hopefully getting my booster late this afternoon.

Comment

Best keto crust I've tried so far. For some reason mine didn't rise as much as I think it should have but this is definitely the closest I've come to a real crust so far. Thanks for posting!

Name:	20211214_162752.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	1142416

Name:	20211214_164503.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	1142417

Comment

• SierraBBQGuy
            SierraBBQGuy commented
            Editing a comment
            pkadare Kinda got lost here, which recipe is this?

Ran across this!

Comment

A good low carb pizza is the holy grail of keto. There is a YouTube channel called Highfalutin Low Carb, where the guy tests recipes from various sites, and pits them against each other, giving his critique. I believe there are 5 separate videos on pizza from many sources, that he has done. Check it out if in search for pizza.

Highfalutin' Low Carb is the random weekly web series dedicated to finding and testing the best low carb recipes the internet has to offer. When we're not busy dishing out delicious lowcarb and keto recipes, we're discussing ketogenic diet tips and all things low carb in the kitchen! --------------- LINKS Spreadshirt: https://shop.spreadshirt.com/lowcarb Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/highfalutinlowcarb Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/highfalutinlowcarb Twitter: http://twitter.com/hf_lowcarb Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/highfalutinlowcarb Web: http://www.highfalutinlowcarb.com Inquiries: wes @ highfalutinlowcarb (dot) com ----- (We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.)

Comment

My wife and I have been practicing keto with good results and we have been looking for a good keto pizza dough, we have tried a few different recipes and the one tonight that was the best so far. We bought a pizza crust mix today at Bulk Barn which is a Canadian chain of bulk food stores. The crust was made up of rice flour, whole grain rice flour, corn flour, tapioca starch, corn starch, guar and xanthan gum, mixed with ground flax seed, salt, 2 eggs and 2/3 cup of milk. Here is a picture of our finished results. We were pleasantly surprised with the results.

Name:	889BC650-825A-4BB9-92D1-FF428DC40899.jpeg
Views:	225
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	1163019

Comment

• pkadare
                pkadare commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for this, I'll have to give this a try!

• Argoboy
                Argoboy commented
                Editing a comment
                It is what I would call a liquid crust, we poured it into a oiled 12” cast iron pan and pre cooked for 15 min then added toppings. It was pretty easy.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here