Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry New York and Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Drives more page views on a website. In other words I think he's calling BS here.

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    ???? what is click bait?

• FireMan
    replied
    My pizza is better than yer pizza………..oh yeah! Mine is better…..oh yeah…….

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    here too--but for PBR

• JohnPaul
    replied
    Pizza is a lot like a thrift store. One man trash is another's treasure. I don't fight over which is best or better. I do live in Chicagoland. I can tell you there are some really great places and some I find completely terrible.

But to answer the question:
    Peperoni, Green peppers, Onions, Olives. with a Colt 45

Leave a comment:

• Murdy
    commented on 's reply
    My wife is from the New Haven area. I would agree that they make some darn fine pizza there.

• Old Glory
    replied
    Connecticut has the best Pizza. Frank Pepe's; Modern; Sally's. Wooster St - apizza is amazing!

New Haven-style pizza, locally known as apizza, is a style of thin-crust, coal-fired Neapolitan pizza common in and around New Haven, Connecticut. It originated at the Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana and is now served in many other pizza restaurants in the area, most notably Sally's Apizza and Modern Apizza.

Leave a comment:

• radiodome21
    replied
    In my former role I used to travel out to Portland a few times a year and I always hit up the breweries that were within walking distance to my hotel. And the big book store. But I don't know about their pizza. I love Pequods, and haven't been to Burts yet though I don't live too far from there. I like to keep it simple, cheese, pepperoni, and/sausage. Though I love a good deep dish we usually get thin crust. PBR would pair well with that as would an Old Style.

Leave a comment:

• Murdy
    replied
    Click Bait!

Leave a comment:

• Sid P
    commented on 's reply
    @Draznni Thank you.

• Draznnl
    replied
    Sid P
    ​​​​​​​Per realdeepdish.com , Burt Katz opened Pequod’s in 1971 and sold it in the mid-1980’s.

A few years later, he opened Burt’s Place around the corner from Pequod’s. If you’re making a single trek to Morton Grove, I recommend Burt’s Place. The pizza is, in my view, a slight bit better.
    Last edited by Draznnl; October 5, 2021, 08:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sid P
    commented on 's reply
    How long has Pequod’s been around? I first heard about it 2-3 years ago, but haven’t made it there yet. It’s definitely a hole in my life long pizza lover’s resume.
    Last edited by Sid P; October 5, 2021, 10:14 AM.

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    Don't forget the kale.

• Draznnl
    replied
    Thanks Portland, but everyone knows the world epicenter of great pizza is Morton Grove, IL. Between the pan pizza at Burt's Place and Pequod's (they even deliver) and an outpost of the fabulous stuffed pizza chain, Giordano's, what more could one want? That's three top notch joints in a town of about 22,000 people. Morton Grove is kind of the Lockhart, Texas of the pizza world.
    Last edited by Draznnl; October 5, 2021, 08:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sid P
    replied
    Hey y’all, let’s head out to Portland for some abalone and sprouts pizza! Yeah right.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here