Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pizza on three Gasser Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surfdog
    commented on 's reply
    Pretty much the same here...only difference is the model. LOL Mine is Platinum D6.

And it will get “stoopid hot” and peg the lid thermometer. Just make sure to bring the stone up to temp with the grill...saves on thermal shock stone destruction.

I used that for EVERYTHING, long before I had multiple cookers, and IR guns, and yada yada yada.

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Tonight I'll be doing pizza on the kettle.

• Attjack
    replied
    Long ago I would put 2 pizza stones side by side on my 4 burner gas grill and heat them on high. It worked pretty well.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    replied
    Thanks for the replies! I think I'll just stick to cooking in the indoor oven for the time being.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks!

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    kjbarth - I don't think so either, but I was trying to be at least a littler PC 😁🍕

• Uncle Bob
    replied
    IowaGirl , hacking are fun......................

Click image for larger version

Name:	pizza oven kludge 01.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1062296

Leave a comment:

• IowaGirl
    commented on 's reply
    I know that temp range is lower than what other people mention about cooking pizza in general, but my guess is the GGs, being aluminum, transfer heat faster to the crust than the firebrick in a dedicated pizza oven. First time I tried this, I learned screaming hot GGs cook the crust way too quick.

• IowaGirl
    replied
    Yes, I've made pizza with thinnish crust on my Weber gasser with Grill Grates set flat side up. If you get the GGs too hot, you'll burn the bottom of the crust long before the top gets done, especially if you're tempted to pile on the cheese and other toppings.

It's been awhile, but I recall about 400-450 F on the surface of the GGs seemed to be the best, but remember I'm a rookie at this pizza thing, so I'm still learning too.

I was also playing around with making an enclosure to trap heat above the pizza -- 2-3 firebricks stacked on either side of the pizza with a cookie sheet resting on the bricks.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Bob
    replied
    Dr._Pat went into some detail on how he upped his pizza on the grill game here: Made from scratch homemade grilled pizza - Pitmaster Club (amazingribs.com)

Leave a comment:

• Argoboy
    replied
    We make pizza regularly on the Napoleon gas grill in fact we made one last night. Our gas grill will easily get to 550F it has three burners two are below and one is a back burner which is used with the rotisserie. We use a Lodge 14” cast iron pizza pan. The hardest part is getting the top and bottom done at the same time. It usually takes about 10-12 minutes to cook.

Leave a comment:

• kjbarth
    replied
    I’ve done it on my Weber Summit E670. I don’t have GG so can’t comment on them. I use a pizza stone on my regular grates. I can get the summit way over 700* though don’t actually know how hot as the Weber hood thermometer tops out at 700. Heat the stone in the grill as you warm up the grill. All burners on high and infrared burner on top on high. Get a nice crispy bottom crust in a couple minutes.

oh, is there any other style than NY or Neapolitan style pizza? I don’t think so.

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    I have never made pizza on a grill. Nevertheless, it is my understanding to grill the pizza dough on one side, flip the dough grilling on the other side and add the topping.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    started a topic Pizza on three Gasser Question

Pizza on three Gasser Question

Has anybody tried making regular (a/k/a NY style) pizza on the gas grill, in general, and on inverted (rails down) Grill Grates in particular? If so, any tips, tricks or pointers?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo

Spotlight

These are not ads or paid placements. These are some of our favorite tools and toys.

These are products we have tested, won our top awards, and are highly recommend. Click here to read how we test, about our medals, and what they mean.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

A big part of this site is our unbiased equipment and product reviews. We love playing with toys and we have no problem calling them the way we see them. Some companies pay a finder’s fee if a reader clicks a link on AmazingRibs.com and buys a product. It has zero impact on our reviews, zero impact on the price you pay, and the sites never tell us what you bought, but it has a major impact on our ability to keep this site alive! So before you buy, please click our links. Here’s a link that takes you to a page on Amazon that has some of our favorite tools and toys: https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

Bring The Heat With Broil King Signet’s Dual Tube Burners

3 burner gas grill

The Broil King Signet 320 is a modestly priced, 3-burner gas grill that packs a lot of value and power under the hood. Broil King’s proprietary, dual-tube burners get hot fast and are able to achieve high, searing temps that rival most comparatively priced gas grills. The quality cast aluminum housing carries a Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Click here to read ourcompletereview

Compact Powerful Sear Machine For Your Next Tailgater

Char-Broil’s Grill2Go x200 is a super-portable, fun little sizzler made of heavy, rust-proof cast aluminum. The lid snaps shut. Grab the handle and you’re off to the party! Char-Broil’s TRU-Infrared design produces searing heat while reducing fuel consumption. A 16 ounce LP gas canister is enough to keep you flipping burgers for hours.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

GrillGrates Take Gas Grills To The InfraredZone

GrillGrates(TM) amplify heat, prevent flareups, make flipping foods easier, kill hotspots, flip over to make a fine griddle, and can be easily moved from one grill to another. You can even throw wood chips, pellets, or sawdust between the rails and deliver a quick burst of smoke.

Click here for more about what makes these grates so special

The Pit Barrel Cooker May Be Too Easy

The PBC has a rabid cult following for good reason. It is absolutely positively without a doubt the best bargain on a smoker in the world. Period. This baby will cook circles around the cheap offset sideways barrel smokers because temperature control is so much easier.

Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them

Masterbuilt MPS 340/G ThermoTemp XL Propane Smoker

This is the first propane smoker with a thermostat, making this baby foolproof. Set ThermoTemp’s dial from 175° to 350°F and the thermostat inside will adjust the burner just like an indoor kitchen oven. All you need to do is add wood to the tray above the burner to start smokin’.

Click here to read our detailed review

Blackstone Rangetop Combo: Griddle And Deep Fryer In One

The flat top does the burgers and the fryer does the fries. Use the griddle for bacon, eggs, grilled cheese, and so much more. And why deep fry indoors when you can avoid the smell and mess by doing it outside!

Finally, A Great Portable Pellet Smoker

Green Mountain Grills Trek smoker

Green Mountain Grills Trek smoker

Green Mountain’s portable Trek Smoker is one mean tailgating and picnic machine. But it’s also gaining popularity with people who want to add a small, set it and forget it pellet smoker to their backyard arsenal. And with their WiFi capabilities you can control and monitor Trek from your smart phone or laptop.