Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideas on sides for steak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twice baked stuffed potatoes

Comment

This is a very simple side, prepared right along with the steak.

Large grilled portabellas, sliced when removed just as you slice the steak. Season with Weber's Chicago steak seasoning - just a bit goes a long way.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1D2E69CC-585D-4710-B458-07D8DA495854.jpeg
Views:	162
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	895528
        Bacon Wrapped Asparagus

Comment

• Burntfood
          Burntfood commented
          Editing a comment
          You guys kill me. Bacon wrapped asparagus. We have turned something nice and healthy for my wife into a caveman's carnivore special for me!

Brussel Sprouts and baked potato.

Comment

Caprese salad,,,,,,,,
          fresh grown tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella,basil and a drizzle of EVOO, and a lil kosher salt

Comment

Fries. Steak frites is just a cool sounding dish. But seriously, I did some thick cut fries one day as a side and it was a perfect combo with steak. Creamed spinach would put it over the top.

Comment

I like Grilled Corn on the Cob....just grill, turn until you get some char...cover in butter, salt & pepper to taste, and then grate some parmesan over the corn. Easy, Quick and delicious.

Comment

Not creamed spinach... just sauteed spinach with some garlic and toasted sesame seeds

Grilled veg

Tots? seriously? Not at my steak tasting. And I would do a straight bernaise and leave the crustaceans for another day

Comment

• Burntfood
                  Burntfood commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think your right on the shrimp. Just too much going on. A Bearnaise sauce and as well as a peppercorn sauce with some creamy goat cheese.

Can't explain my desire for Tots. I'm going for the Steak Frites thing. Just a fun thing for this meal. We eat together as a group pretty regularly.
                  Last edited by Burntfood; August 13, 2020, 02:00 PM.

I love steak and tots!

Comment

Chicken Fried Steak Fingers!

Comment

in the summer months I usually like to bum off my friends with a garden on whatever is overflowing! my neighbor had too much zucchini so I took them all sliced them long and thin oil them up and grill them and they were great

Comment

I say mix in jalapenos or your favorite spicy pepper with the mac & cheese or do cheesy jalapeno tots. Life changing.

Maybe loaded potato dippers? See pic for example. The potatoes are scooped so you can load them up with toppings but also crispy.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by STEbbq; August 14, 2020, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• STEbbq
                        STEbbq commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Please note not my pic. Just something I found that I remembered from eating at Beefeater's in London many years ago.

Tomato and onion salad. Very simple, sliced tomatoes and onions, salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil. Maybe some Italian seasonings if in the mood. It lets the steak be the "star".

Comment

Hassleback potatoes, grilled asparagus, and pecan pie.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here