Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oyster dressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oyster dressing

In my younger days, I worked at a lumber yard during the summers, after school and while on breaks to earn some extra cash. The work was hard, but one of the benefits is the company would have a huge Christmas dinner blowout. One of the more popular dishes was oyster dressing that an owner's wife would make. She was authentic Creole and could cook (she also made homemade boudin amongst other things), that dressing was out of this world good, I literally could eat that and nothing else. Sadly, she passed and so did her recipe. That said, I saw this the other day and thought I'd share with the group, might be worth something different for the holidays. Me thinks it might be interesting to see how it turns out baked on the grill.....

I have made this or a variation for like 10 years in a row

Comment

• au4stree
      au4stree commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sorry, I couldn't get past the slab bacon......

I routinely stuff whole fish with an oyster dressing not too unlike the one the OP references. I love it !!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	stuffed fish pre-cook.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	768925

Comment

Love it!

Comment

He uses Conecuh sausage, That right there makes it worth a shot, even though I am not a huge oyster fan.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here