Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israeli couscous salad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Israeli couscous salad

Hey boys hey gals, let's get voiding. You'll need. 1 beer of your choice 1 Cup Israeli couscous Grape tomatoes Sliced almonds or pine nuts Some type of red pepper, here I used Fresno peppers Two handfuls of baby spinach 2 1/2 cups chicken stock. Better than bouillon is my favorite. Or you can use water but why would you? For dressing: About 1/3 cup olive oil About 3 tablespoons white balsamic, rice wine or white wine vinegar About 2 teaspoons smoked paprika (key ingredient ) S&P to your taste. Directions: Pour beer in a glass, we're making a salad so we'll be slightly classy. Take a sip, relax it's only food. Mix all the dressing ingredients and taste, if you want more tart add more vinegar, etc. In a good size sauce pan on medium heat, add some olive oil and toast the couscous until lightly golden brown, add some salt and stock. Bring to a boil and cook until couscous is plump and tender. Takes about 10 to 12 minutes. Drink half of the remaining beer, go ahead, you're about to eat salad after all. Meanwhile, half the tomatoes, dice the peppers, toast the nuts and add all that mess in a large bowl with the spinach. When the couscous is done you may need to drain the excess liquid and let it cool slightly before adding to the bowl of the other mess. Add the dressing and mix well, taste for seasoning, add some herbs if you want. Basil works great. Plate, Add protein of your choice, here I have chili rubbed tilapia. Works great with backyard meats.

Those round thingees look like Aspergillosis in chickens.....I have a bunch of Tilapia in the freezer to grill Thursday afternoon...

Comment

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL!!
      I love those round thingees, they make the best weird mac and cheese without the Mac.

I'll try the recipe but love your beer choice! My current favorite is their Big Luscious. Seasonal brew if you can find it!

Comment

Thanks for posting, Earnest... it looks awesome and I will definitely try it

Comment

The Israeli couscous looks much larger than the Mediterranean coucous I have had.

Almost looks like frog eye pasta.

Comment

Oh yeah, then there's Lebanese couscous, pea sized. I don't like the tiny regular couscous.

Comment

• HC in SC
            HC in SC commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool - I'll have to look for it!

Looks Excellent!! You are a truly awesome Chef.
          Last edited by troymeister; April 5, 2015, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Much appreciated troymeister!

Comment

Awesome looking meal as usual Ernest. Nice post!

Comment

Yum.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here