Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked deviled eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked deviled eggs

Looking for a recipe for smoked deviled eggs. Any advice?

Are you going to smoke the eggs first?

Comment

Level up your grilling skills with our flavorful recipes! Our easy-to-follow instructions and helpful tips guarantee impressive results every time.

Comment

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        I like this recipe. Although it was rather salty for some I liked it.

• pkadare
        pkadare commented
        Editing a comment
        au4stree - Yeah, I don't really see the point of using the smoker to hard boil the eggs either. I'd use my Instant Pot instead.

• au4stree
        au4stree commented
        Editing a comment
        ofelles, yep, same comment my wife made. I have a high tolerance for salt. But alas, it was a fun recipe, different than the usual proteins.....

A little previous discussion here and here:

Still battling my monday morning clinical level depression over weekend's brisket outcome. However, did smoke some eggs for the first time. I hard cooked

Trying some smoked deviled eggs out of my MES for a party tomorrow. The book says smoke till "bronzed". I think I nailed that part. {"data

With the second topic pointing to this recipe: https://barbecuebible.com/recipe/smoked-deviled-eggs/

Comment

Thanks for all the help and links!

I found this link to a recipe from Steven Raichlen

Burning Love: How To Make Smoked Deviled Eggs - Food Republic

I think I'll try it. In this one you boil the eggs first. I also would use my instant pot to cook the eggs. Seems to me cooking them on the smoker would be unpredictable where with my instant pot works great.

Comment

A little tip for boiling eggs. You only need 1cm of water in the pot as long as you keep the lid on. The steam cooks them perfectly.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here