Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new twist on the jalapeño popper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new twist on the jalapeño popper

For me.
    As we know it's hot and many parts of the country. Massachusetts included. I was going to grill a petite sirloin. My wife had already made here meatloaf b 4 I got up. Figured I would not want to grill. So be it. Her meatloaf is good. I wanted some jalapeño poppers for appetizer. Made the fill which is pepperoni (I use the medallions), scallions and onion and cream cheese. Let the cheese get to room temperature. Food processor the other fillers. Mix into cheese.
    So my wife says instead of filling the peppers, chop them mix with the filling and bake. Woa that sounds interesting. So sliced pepperoni in half. Cored, and course chop. Mixed in filling. In lightly sprayed pan. In oven at 350 for 25 minutes. Fantastic!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190720_182415.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	717802Click image for larger version

Name:	20190720_185111.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	717803

Looks great.

I can’t remember where I had it but I remember someone making a jalapeño popper pie. They used broken up Ritz crackers as the crust and filled it with a cream cheese, cooked bacon, jalapeños and onions.

This sorta reminds of that.

Comment

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      That sounds pretty tasty! Thanks for the idea.

Kathryn

Deconstructed jalapeño poppers...looks delish!

Comment

It looks like a pizza. Maybe the next step is to spread it on some pizza dough and bake. And I am wondering if adding some sugar might turn it into a desert like pizza - especially if you omitted the pepperoni.

Comment

• RichieB
        RichieB commented
        Editing a comment
        Or use cowboy candy as the jalapeno.

So, RichieB did you scoop it with Frito scoops or corn chips or spread it on crackers? Was it gooey melty?

Kathryn

Comment

• RichieB
        RichieB commented
        Editing a comment
        Ate it with a fork. But that's a good idea. Like a dip.

Sounds delicious. It's always fun to figure out alternate ways to use different ingredients. Thanks for posting this! I like LA Pork Butt idea on a pizza crust.

Comment

Just give me a spoon and here I come!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here