Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need a nice appetizer for crowd of 24. Doesnt have to be bbq.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer time, grill some Peaches. (add/soak in booze is always a party favorite!!!) add a touch of cinnamon to the peaches.
    My father in law does fine cut Spanish ham with rock Melon and goes together very welll.
    Last edited by Ahumadora; June 22, 2019, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      prochutto and canelope, winning combination right there!

Being a KC guy, you KNOW I’ve gotta advocate for burnt ends! 👍 Especially if you go the "fake" or "poor man’s" versions, beef (chuck roast) and / or pork (country style ribs) are fairly easy.

If you’re lucky enough to have a Pit Barrel, the cook times in the recipes are greatly reduced as well... but your guests don’t need to know any of that! 😈 You SLAVED over the grill for HOURS, right? 😂😂😂

Here’s a couple links to show you why I laugh when I say that 😇:

Comment

My absolute favorites are either porkbelly, which can be done a couple different ways or do a variety of smoked sausage with two or three different cheeses. Spread those out on a board with some different mustard dipping sauces and you have some tasty pre meal treats. If you want something lighter make some caprese salad skewers...long toothpicks with a mini tomato, mozzarella cube and basil leaf on it and drizzle some balsamic reduction over it. Very easy because everything can be bought at the store and made ahead of time...

Comment

HOT PEPPER JELLY

1 1/2 cups hot peppers (including seeds), chopped
        1/4 cup seeded sweet peppers, chopped
        1 1/4 cups vinegar, divided
        6 cups sugar
        8 oz. liquid pectin (Certo)
        Few drops green or red food coloring, as appropriate

Prepare 6 8-oz. canning jars.

Puree hot and sweet peppers in food processor or blender along with 1/4 cup vinegar until "liquefied." Pour into heavy saucepan and add remaining 1 cup of vinegar. Bring to a boil.

Add sugar and stir until completely dissolved. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.

Stir and add pectin and food coloring. Return to boil, stirring constantly.

Pour into jars to within 1/4 inch of top. Seal and invert jars for a few minutes. Then, set upright to cool.

Comment

Franks Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip

Makes:4 cups
          Prep Time:10 min
          Cook Time:20 min Ingredients

Directions

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Spoon into shallow 1-quart baking dish.

BAKE 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through; stir. Sprinkle with green onions, if desired, and serve with chips, crackers and/or veggies.

Comment

• ssandy_561
            ssandy_561 commented
            Editing a comment
            We eat ours with Fritos Scoops and Celery.

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            Always a winner around here

• Santamarina
            Santamarina commented
            Editing a comment
            I need this in my life!

I thought I had posted this before (see above).
          Last edited by gcdmd; September 7, 2020, 10:39 AM.

Comment

devils on horseback (stuffed dates) have been a hit here for a while.

Comment

I'm always going to recommend Mexican street corn.

Comment

Originally posted by texastweeter View Post
                devils on horseback (stuffed dates) have been a hit here for a while.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	FFF3342F-56A3-4C1B-8851-9F71821ECE8B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.03 MB ID:	1065258

Click image for larger version  Name:	A68ADF3D-5E79-47A7-8B6A-507786A32CF0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.27 MB ID:	1065259

They are a hit here too. I sometimes add a Caribbean flair to them. I soak the dates in rum before stuffing them with an almond and Gorgonzola cheese and wrapping them in bacon. I then dip them in Jerk sauce.
                Last edited by WayneT; July 23, 2021, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Mozzarella Caprese or grilled peaches with prosciutto.

Comment

Here is a good one.

Try our easy Smoked Cheese Dip recipe and enjoy grilled queso straight from the Slow 'N Sear Kettle Grill!

I have done this one a couple times. Great recipe.

Attached Files

Comment

Ultra easy:
                      A wheel of brie, some hard cheese, slice up a couple of pepperoni sticks, and crackers of choice

Easy:
                      A couple pounds of shrimp in a gallon zip lock bag, add a bunch of Cajun seasoning. Seal bag and shake well to coat the shrimp. Saute or grill.

Comment

Jalapeño rolls

clean a buncha jalapeno’s
                        put them in a food processor with a few spoonfuls of olive rings and spices to taste
                        grind it up and combined with sifted cream cheese and a coupla dollops of mayo, even each dressing
                        spread on tortilla/fajita shells
                        put in the fridge to firm up and cut into bite sized portions
                        I make these for get together and they disappear
                        You can make them as hot and or spicy as you like which is a plus

Comment

Smoked quinoa Mac and cheese

Comment

No party is complete without my homemade salsa. It’s always requested by guests, and it’s super easy.

Red Salsa - party batch (cut in half for family batch)

Two Large cans (24oz) Tomatoes - whole peeled

Serranos - 4 - pan roasted until outside is blistered

Cilantro - one bunch (include stems for more flavor!)

Garlic granulated - 1 tbsp

Salt - 1 tbsp corse kosher

White onion - 1/4 of a small/medium onion

Juice from half of a Key Lime

Pinch or two of cumin

Blend all ingredients to desired consistency.

Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
                            Last edited by Santamarina; July 24, 2021, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here