Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ate a lawyers wig... 2 actually

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ate a lawyers wig... 2 actually

I will say it did take me working up some pluck to follow through but I did and continue to exist.
    I came across 3 growing in my yard and I had promised myself the next time I come across some that haven’t "inked out" I would give them a bash.
    I had spotted them early morning and when I was ready to cook them late afternoon the largest of the three was starting to "ink" at the bottom tip, so it may have been okay but I was already skittish so gave that one a miss.

I was anxious and could feel it in my gut when I placed them in the pan with butter, and at the same time wondered what kind of "pluck" I might end up on if I wasn’t to die.
    The wife was not impressed when I told her I had cooked and eaten them (too late I cried).

The bottom line is they were a little disappointing after all the hype (my hype).
    I fried them in butter and added a pinch of salt and a little ground black pepper.
    They had a very mild nutty mushroom taste and I suspect the nuttiness was from the butter.

Been there done that and class the experience as overrated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190512_175603.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	678583

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190512_175959.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	678584

Interesting experiment but man that took guts. Mushrooms can be nasty little killers if not careful.

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Did research first.

You are a braver man than me, sir. Now imagine if you had almost died and they were disappointing, lol.

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Now that would have been a tad sad

Cajones, my friend, cajones grande.

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Just stupid or Africa's not for sissies 🤞

You're a brave man,but what kind of epitaph would that have been? Died from the wrong mushroom. I hope mine is closer to, died from the bullet of a jealous husband at 101! That still gives me 35 years to change my mind.

Comment

I have some unidentified 'srooms growin' in my yard. Do ya mind if I send you a few? If you continue to post here, that will mean they are safe for me.

Comment

Are you experiencing any of these symptoms: An urge to file a motion or brief? Constantly raising objections when anyone else is speaking? Or, the urge to chase ambulances? If so please consult a mortician.

Comment

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          Donw my wife is a court reporter and to your list we can add: mumbling incomprehensibly, talking over other attorneys/judge, jangling keys/pocket change, speaking at over 300 words a minute, crying (yes, crying), arrogance coupled with incompetence (few things are worse than that), and many more. She does have her favorites, though.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here