Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bacon wrapped goat cheese stuffed dates on the smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bacon wrapped goat cheese stuffed dates on the smoker

Anyone have a solid recipe? I want to get the nice smoke flavor before the cheese melts out (if that’s possible)

thanks!

Hrm... I'd use an ABT recipe as a template for how to proceed.
    If you're searching for the perfect appetizer then you're sure to love this tested recipe for grilled jalapeno poppers. Known in certain BBQ circles as ABTs, these cheese-stuffed, bacon-wrapped jalapenos are certain to disappear as soon as you serve them.

Exact same issue, right? Replace Jalapeno with date, cream cheese with goat cheese, bacon with bacon. Probably also cheddar with goat, but it might be interesting to replace it with manchego for a textural and flavor contrast.

Comment

Great! I’ll post back with my results

thx!

Comment

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Eagerly awaiting. I'm down for that more than ABTs.

So these were not photo worthy unfortunately - I think my mistake was bacon that was too thick...I hit the 45 minute mark and the bacon wasn’t close to done so I opened up the vents and let the flames roar to cook the bacon - it ended up scorching the dates - I really didn’t get much of a smoke flavor out of it either - I think next time I’ll stick to the oven or try really thin bacon

Comment

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the update.

• Thom Emery
        Thom Emery commented
        Editing a comment
        yes the thinest bacon you can find

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here