Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

smoked cauliflower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smoked cauliflower

Tried this for the first time and it was pretty good, next time I will cut it into smaller pieces I think to get a more even tenderness to it, brushed with garlic olive oil, salt pepper and smoked with pecan wood. I would like to hear other variations if anyone has some Click image for larger version

Name:	20180311_171814.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	265.2 KB
ID:	472526Click image for larger version

Name:	20180311_172242.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	472527 the charred part was the tastiest!

A Mexican restaurant in town grills their cauliflower and man talk about some tender grilled little dudes.

I wonder if sous vide at 183 for an hour or so before going on the grill would help.

A little search shows 185 for 40 minutes. Squeeze test would help determine also.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      I expect the SV treatment would make it easier!

You should try this

Make boring cabbage extraordinary by hitting the grill, resulting in a crisp, sweet and smoky BBQ side dish. There's something transformative about grilling vegetables and this recipe for honey roasted cabbage is no different, elevating its flavors far above its traditional boring (and odiferous) boiled cousin.

Comment

I do it recoularly at 350 on my MiniMax. I set it in one of those ventilated vegetable woks which I set on top of a water pan. I find that placing one of those cheese melting domes on top of the cauliflower to catch steam helps soften the cauliflower. Also, I use a jalapeño corer to core out the center of the cauliflower.

Comment

I've been wanting to make Meathead's Smoked Cauliflower recipe from his book for my cauliflower-loving family for a long time now. Thanks for reminding me to look in to doing that, marshall . Your cauli looks good, and I'm not a huge cauli fan, so that's really saying something.

Kathryn

Comment

You folks who can eat caulif, brac, cabbage are so lucky! I love them all but can’t eat any. Doc says my plumbing can’t handle it!

Comment

I slice the cauliflower into steaks and smoke them all the time. Love it done this way!

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              How "vegan"! ;-)

• PappyBBQ
              PappyBBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, yeah EdF, it is! Most of my diet these days is plant based though I have adamantly asserted my right to throw animal products on the smoker at weekly intervals.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here