Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kimchi Fried Rice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kimchi Fried Rice

Troutman asked for our Kimchi Fried Rice recipe. Here is our simple side dish version adapted from several sources.
    • 2 Tbl vegetable oil
    • 5 scallions - white parts finely sliced, green parts cut in 1/2 inch lengths
    • 1 Tbl minced garlic
    • 1.5 cups kimchi chopped coarsely
    • 1-2 Tbl chili paste or Sriracha
    • 2-3 cups cooked rice (day old, but freshly cooked works okay)
    • 1/4 cup liquid from kimchi
    • 1-2 tsp sesame oil
    • 2 Tbl soy sauce
    • 1/2 tsp salt
    Heat oil in wok over medium high heat. Add the sliced scallion whites and garlic and stir fry for about 1 minute. Add the kimchi and chili paste or Sriracha and stir fry for 4-5 minutes until kimchi begins to crisp up. Add rice, kimchi liquid, sesame oil and soy sauce, stir and cook for 2-3 more minutes. Season with salt and stir in the scallion greens.

This is often served topped with a couple of fried eggs with runny yolks. We leave off the eggs when serving as a side dish, but they are really good!

Here's the rice served with grilled Swordfish.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180317_192647.jpg Views:	2 Size:	3.24 MB ID:	469747
    Last edited by theroc; March 20, 2018, 10:46 AM.

WOW, excellent, thank you very much. I'm doin' that one !!!

Comment

Love love some fried rice.

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

My wife was in Altadena today. On New York street. This recipe sounds amazing! A keeper, do you make the Kim chi??.

Comment

Yes, we make our kimchi. About time to start a new batch, too.
            Your wife was right in our neighborhood!

Comment

I was hoping you'd post that recipe, theroc . Thanks so much!

Kathryn

Comment

I’m definitely going to try this! Your timing is impeccable as I have a batch fermenting that should be ready today or tomorrow.

Thanks!

Comment

Awesome! Looking forward to some photos....

Comment

Yes! Kim chi! Love love love this! I have some still that I’m going t9 have to use for fried rice! Thanks for posting!

Comment

I have often thought of making a kimchi suitable for a reubin....now you got th gears turning

Comment

• EdF
                        EdF commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oh yeah. I'm with that idea!

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here