Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Eggs

Still battling my monday morning clinical level depression over weekend's brisket outcome. However, did smoke some eggs for the first time. I hard cooked first not realizing that you can smoke in shell from raw state. The results were flavorful but the whites came out a little rubbery. Saw there's a recipe for 300 minute eggs out there. Anyone have experience/advice/commentary on proper smoked eggs? Have a good day. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	smoked egg.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	193428

Click image for larger version

Name:	smoked eggs.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	193429

I have had fun fiddling with it. You can even smoke a raw egg in the shell. Neither is a great thrill, but the results make a fun egg salad.

Comment

I have tried several ways to smoke eggs. Some were successful and some not so good. After all of that what finally worked for me was to boil the eggs, cool and peel them, then "cold smoke" them for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. They take on smoke pretty fast and seemed to get bitter if over smoked. I used an A-Max-N-Tube and apple pellets. Give it a try. It was fun.

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion. I have never cold smoked but I did just get one of the Amazen products. I'll have to try.

Comment

Eggs... Sous vide or on GrillGrates...👍

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here