Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baked Bean & Bacon Mac N Cheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baked Bean & Bacon Mac N Cheese

Found this online and thought it seemed intriguing. Some friends are crashing at my place tonight so I fixed ribs and made this to try as an experiment. Wasn't sure how it would be. Turns out it is really tasty, definitely a keeper recipe.
    • 1 can (28 oz) Bush's® Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans
    • 1 lb elbow macaroni
    • 4 slices bacon
    • 1.5 lb. (24 oz) Velveeta cheese product, cut into bite-sized cubes
    • ⅓ cup milk
    • Salt & pepper, to taste
    ​COOK
    • Cook macaroni noodles in a large cooking pot according to package directions until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside. While macaroni is cooking, cook bacon slices according to package directions until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels until cool, then crumble into small pieces. Set aside
    COMBINE
    • Return macaroni noodles to cooking pot, and place on stove over low heat. Add Velveeta cheese cubes, milk, Baked Beans and bacon.
    ​Next time I fix it I might put it in a pan with some shredded cheese on top and throw in on the smoker to get a little smoke flavor.

https://www.bushbeans.com/en_US/bean...con-mac-cheese
    Last edited by clb239; March 11, 2023, 09:22 PM.

Looks good. Lots of noodles and beans, though. Probably better balanced with 8 slices of bacon.

Comment

• clb239
      clb239 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mosca that was my conclusion that it needed more bacon, but few things aren't made better by more bacon.

Try chili mixed with Mac & cheese.

Comment

• clb239
      clb239 commented
      Editing a comment
      texastweeter I have had chili mac & cheese and I liked the flavor of the baked beans better, but that is my take on it..

• Alan Brice
      Alan Brice commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like we are moving into Cincy Chili threeway territory. Add beans n onion and you have a five way. Do not forget the lil oyster crackers so you can drizzel on the hotsauce ;-)

I must try this asap. I’m thinking as the side with my beef ribs for the Mr. Bones tribute cook. Needs more bacon though. 🤔

Comment

On the surface this looks like it wouldn't work but I guess it does.
      I've actually probably done this on a dinner plate before....
      Last edited by smokin fool; March 12, 2023, 12:37 PM.

Comment

At first, I thought Oh No Here we go again. But I clicked the link anyways, and the pictures on the Bushes' website really look good--Good enough to try.

Comment

• clb239
          clb239 commented
          Editing a comment
          bbqLuv I was skeptical also but the guests I had over saw the recipe and were also intrigued about it so we made it. One comment was it needed more bacon, not just for flavor but for texture. Another was that it was like breakfast Mac n Cheese, I used the Maple Brown Sugar Bush's Beans so it gave it a maple syrup breakfast like vibe.

This really does look and sound good! Sounds pretty easy too, which I always prefer that route…😎 How much more bacon would you add, double the amount? Like Jfrosty27 I just might make this with my ribs for the Mr. bones cook.

Comment

• clb239
          clb239 commented
          Editing a comment
          Panhead John I would go with between 6 and 8 slices. It is definitely easy to make.

This recipe does not say to drain the can of beans. The picture of the recipe appears to be that the beans were drained before adding them.
        Makes 12 servings. Time for friends and relatives.

P.S. I grew up with Velveeta back in the '50s and '60s when it was made with real cheese.
        It made good bait for trout fishing.
        Last edited by bbqLuv; March 12, 2023, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• clb239
          clb239 commented
          Editing a comment
          bbqLuv I did not drain the beans, I think you want the liquid for the flavor it adds.

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          I remember using it as bait for catfish.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here