Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a Garlic Bread Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Richard Chrz to weigh in here...

Comment

• Caffeine88
      Caffeine88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I second that!

If I were making myself garlic bread, I would take a French loaf, or really I would bake myself a sourdough bread, cut it in proper size slices that you want for the size and shape of your garlic toast. I would take the appropriate if not more amount of butter and I would melted it down with some fresh minced garlic or even using a micro plane and really get it small. Warm up the butter and garlic together, not so much to cook the garlic, just to get a nice release of the oil and fragrance. Let it cool down a bit then would spread it over both sides of the bread. In a baking sheet I would likely put a piece of parchment paper down, ,put all my slices on there, and likely would warm some. more butter and garlic,(at same time) so more then you needed, and drizzle that in the pan. For the butter and garlic bread slices to sit on. Baking,I might bake it around 400, for a few minutes, then let it finish under a broil, with a flip. But that would just be how I would do it.
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; November 13, 2021, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Can also take a fresh block of parmesan and a micro plane, and dust it a bit with some fresh parmesan,don’t use pre shredded parm, it is always to dry,

• ssandy_561
      ssandy_561 commented
      Editing a comment
      Drool!!!!!

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Caffeine88 , ssandy_561 & DavidNorcross I think of it as making a bake simulate a pan seared grilled cheese. Just I generally microplane some parmesan on top of one side after a flip.
      Last edited by Richard Chrz; November 13, 2021, 06:53 PM.

Here's some love from (my) momma- Take a full loaf of Italian bread. Slice it at an angle but not all the way through. Mix a nice chunk of softened butter with a clove or two of minced garlic, a pinch or two of kosher salt, a pinch or two of fresh ground pepper, some chopped fresh parsley, and if desired a tablespoon or two of fresh grated parmesan. Butter each slice with the mixture and spread the rest over the top of the loaf. Wrap in foil, and throw it in a the oven. Cook until it is good and warm. Open the top of foil. Cook until top is nicely browned. When ready for dinner pass it around and let guest pull their own piece from the loaf.

Comment

Try it Santa Maria style-
      Brush the bread with olive oil, sprinkle on salt & paper, then toast on the grill. I find that high heat but farter away (up on the warming rack) allows the bread to toast without the olive oil burning/darkening. When toasted to your level of crunch, slather on your chosen butter/garlic mixture.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here