Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Popper Pooper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popper Pooper?

Won't blame it on "was in a hurry" but obviously didn't take the time to look.
    They are always sliced when the lid is removed. Not this time. The dissapointment was made worse by the fact I would have to slice them, yes, me myself and I alone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211003_144844.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	1104336

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211003_144816.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	1104337

I have 3" of whole pickled 'peno's.

Has anyone made pickled 'peno poppers?
    I don't see why I couldn't, just curious what the results might be.
    I'm not exceedingly excited to have to slice so if they work out I'll happily buy sliced and keep these for poppers. If they don't I'll sulkingly slice and remember the experience as the Popper Pooper.

I’ve made pickled jalapeño poppers many times in the past. Ain’t a dang thing wrong with em either. I mainly found they were just a little softer in texture and not quite as hot as the fresh ones. I’d go for it.

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Im good to go then.

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Almost forgot to let you know we gave them a bash last weekend. Having made plenty fresh 'peno poppers all I can say is they have never been close to as hot as these pickled ones. I managed to finish one and the wife downed hers after the second bite. Others agreed they were ×yz# hot but manageable. May be I'm just a wussy.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm, not sure why yours were so hot. I’m assuming you scraped the seeds and veins out right? Maybe it’s just the brand you used, but the ones I’ve had weren't that hot. 🤷‍♂️ I did some fresh jalapeños one time and just wrapped them in bacon without scraping the seeds out, Wow! It was way too hot to eat. And I like hot stuff.

No food processer with slicing disc I take it? I'm with PJ though, pickled poppers sounds like a fun take on regular ones.

Comment

I love pickled jalapeños and see no reason that the whole ones won’t work for poppers. Never saw them whole before.

Interesting that there is an extra L in chilies! To me, that would be the spelling for some description of being cold, and not a chili pepper, as in ‘I’ve got the chillies - get me a blanket!’
      Last edited by jfmorris; October 3, 2021, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        The British english spelling and that's what we roll with here. When I joined AR took a time to get used to the missing L.
        Sure don't think it's chillie in Pensacola so no need to get you a blanket.
        Enjoy your holiday or should that be vacation 😊

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha thanks holehogg. Sadly, while it was overcast and we did not get too much rain over the weekend, today and the next several are forecast for pretty heavy rain. We still have a nice view of the bay off the balcony and out the sliding doors, so are making the best of it. I've cooked up a mess of seafood (fish, shrimp, scallops) the past 2 nights using two cast iron skillets I found in the kitchen.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here