Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Armadillo eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armadillo eggs

So last night I made these for the first time. I used allthingsbbq's recipe. Followed it pretty much to a tee. The only issue was the jalapenos were not cooked enough. They're basically stuffed with cheese and wrapped in sausage and then bacon. Cooked at 275 to an IT of 160. The sausage is about a 1/4" thick all around.

Any suggestions on how to get the peppers cooked more (not mushy though) and not over cook the meat?

Click image for larger version

Name:	JPEG_20210924_215354_8622644683819058467.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	1100469

Not done those (yet...) but my thought would be to let it go longer on the low and have a probe in one.

I wonder, too, if blanching the jalapeños for 1-2 mins would precook them enough to help.

Comment

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      I heartily agree with blanching (precooking really) the peppers.

• Dadof3Illinois
      Dadof3Illinois commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't blanch for more than maybe 15-20 seconds or they will be mushy and won't have any spice at all. I blanch the peppers i'm making poppers with for the kids to take the heat out.

• Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      If you got the grill going anyways you could throw the jalapeños on there for a little bit. Slightly roasting them would bring a good flavor I would imagine.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here