Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Your Favorite Hot Sauce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I most often use Cholula for a little heat with a nice taste. I use Frank's for wing sauce, "rooster" (don't recall the name) sriracha sauce for most other dishes. I used to buy a homemade chili oil from a woman I worked with but left that job so don't know what I'll substitute for that.

Comment

'The Pepper Plant' Chunky Garlic. I like it because hot sauces are common, but garlic sauces -- not so common. 'Cholula' or 'Cholula Chipotle' are my other hot sauce choices.

Edit: 'Sriracha Sauce' is made by Huy Fong Foods. It has sister-sauces: 'Sambal Olek' (chili sauce) and 'Chili-Garlic' (uhh, chili-garlic sauce.) Give them a try. 👍
      Last edited by SmokingPat; January 2, 2021, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0BBA398B-7EA9-4D62-BB5F-290CBFC0E11A.jpeg
Views:	304
Size:	215.3 KB
ID:	967670 The current selection in our fridge. Use all of these regularly. Used 3 of them in the past 24 hours lol. This thread has me wanting to find some new ones though. Love the recommendations.

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Great post STEbbq Learning a lot from other people.

I may have gone a bit overboard.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope your home plumbing is in good working order.

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          I just installed a new garbage disposal this week buddy, does that count?

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Uhh, I was kinda thinking toilet plumbing.

Here’s a link to the scotch bonnet sauce i mentioned earlier in the thread.
        Grace Jamaican Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HUO906I..._Ant8FbYYSMG9D
        This is pretty much required for Jamaican curry dishes, but I also use it in any kind of soup or stew. Scotch bonnet peppers have a really fantastic flavor and this sauce doesn’t have anything that masks the scotch bonnet flavor. It does list vinegar as an ingredient, but you can’t taste it.

Comment

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          I did order a Scotch bonnet sauce from Melindas...

• Red Man
          Red Man commented
          Editing a comment
          STEbbq Melindas hot sauces are decent, but their scotch bonnet sauce doesn’t taste like scotch bonnet peppers the way the Grace sauce does.

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          Added to wish list!

Yesterday we had our fourth annual Wings of Death Challenge and here are the 12 sauces we sampled on the wings.

Name:	B7884317-C67C-4819-A361-1EE2B90AB24C.jpeg
Views:	324
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	1074530

The first 6 sauces were all tasty.

Hot Ones Classic Fresno Garlic Edition was probably my favorite. Not super spicy with a huge garlic kick to it.

Pirates Lantern was a tasty spicy mustard sauce.

Shaquanda’s Hot Pepper Sauce was the star of the night. Most people chose this one as the winner of the night.

If you enjoy fruity, sweet and spicy the Humble House Habanero and Aji Amarillo sauce would be a good choice for you.

The Angry Goat Ghost Rider sauce had a good kick to it with a molasses / BBQ sauce feel to it.

The Clark + Hopkins Assam was a hot sauce that took all of its notes from curry.

The last 6 sauces were not my cup of tea. All were too "hot" for me.

The Seafire Gourmet Reaper Hot Sauce actually tasted good for about 5 to 10 seconds until the reapers kicked in. There were some chili heads that enjoyed the heat.

I wanted to like the Hell Fire Detroit Bourbon Habanero Ghost but it didn’t even taste good for 5 to 10 seconds before it went into burn mode.

Cully’s Fire Water didn’t taste bad but it’s just a sauce that I have no reason to ever eat again. Way too much heat to use for any purpose in my life except to be with friends acting stupid together.

The only thing Da Bomb is good for is to induce pain, more pain and even more pain. It tastes terrible and it feels like somebody punched you in the throat. It’s the one sauce we have used every year. It the sauce that separates the "children" from the "adults" in the challenge.

The Dingo Widow Maker Sauce is listed at 680,000 scoville units. It’s hotter than hell. Nothing more to say about it.

The Last Dab Apollo is billed as "Hotter than the Sun" and it might be. Made from peppers grown by Smokin’ Ed Currie from Puckerbutt Pepper Company. It’s a blend of the Carolina Reaper pepper and Pepper "X". Pepper "X" is touted as a pepper hotter than the Carolina Reaper but has not been evaluated yet. It’s said that Smokin’ Ed is holding back Pepper "X" so when someone breaks his record for the Carolina Reaper he can come back over the top with Pepper "X".

30 people started the Challenge and 19 finished all 12 wings. The 19 of us that finished all 12 wings were presented this sweet ass button I made for all of the winners.

Name:	1B9BF879-9DCC-4CCD-B886-59E75518DCF7.jpeg
Views:	273
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	1074531

Comment

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          Where is the best place to get the hot ones garlic sauce? That sounds killer.

• ssandy_561
          ssandy_561 commented
          Editing a comment
          STEbbq the only place I know to get Classic Fresno Garlic from is Heatonist.com. That’s where I got most of the sauces from.

I've been on a Secret Aardvark Habenero binge for the last couple months.

Comment

Shaquanda’s is a great line of sauces.

Comment

Eat this on lots of things. This is the bottle I keep in my desk at work.

Name:	IMG_2127.jpeg
Views:	263
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	1074651

Comment

• Jfrosty27
              Jfrosty27 commented
              Editing a comment
              This is my favorite also. My son kids me about it and calls it Mexican ketchup. 🙄🤷‍♂️

Pico-Pica has been a favorite hot sauce of mine when eating breakfast burritos off catering trucks back in the early eighties here in California. My friends grandfather bought the Pico-Pica brand in the early 70's and this product is still produced today by Juanita's Mexican Food Products in Wilmington, Calif.
            Attached Files

Comment

We are fans of Louisiana Hot Sauce.

Comment

Gotta go with el yucateco green

Comment

New Favorite:

Name:	image.png
Views:	140
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	1300702

Fairly hot and really tasty.​

Comment

• ssandy_561
                    ssandy_561 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Love me some Headless Horseradish.

I use Tabasco variable & their Sriracha. Bout half the time it is a paste: Click image for larger version

Name:	829D60AE-951F-483E-8B75-63719F23141F.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	1300739

Comment

• hoovarmin
                    hoovarmin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Love that stuff

Maria Sharp's

Name:	Unknown.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	1300751
                  Matouk's

Name:	1232__19213.webp
Views:	157
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	1300752
                  El Yucateca

Name:	Unknown-1.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	1300753

Comment

• Philotius
                    Philotius commented
                    Editing a comment
                    +1 for Marie Sharps habanero. It gets used more than ketchup in our house.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here