Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homemade Hot Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK the chilis are in the brine and ready to ferment.

Pictured Left to Right
    Pure Habanero
    Sweet green blend (Green Bell, Jalapeno, Devil's Tongue)
    Three pepper blend (Devil's Tongue, Habanero, Scotch Bonnet)
    Sweet red blend (Red Bell, Scotch Bonnet, Carolina Reaper)
    Attached Files

Comment

You could also make Grilled/Smoked Rainbow Peppers:

I picked enough peppers, mostly Tabascos but some chile petins and some Chili de Arbols and I made 1 1/4 gallons of hot sauce. I pureed the peppers in my food processor, added 3% by weight of pink Himalayan salt, and fermented for a few months in mason jars (fill 3/4 full, keep the lids loose, and punch down 2-3 times a day). Dilute the fermented puree with vinegar to taste and let set for a month, then strain and bottle.

Comment

As I’m coming into the home stretch of the fermentation I decided to use what peppers I had left to make pepper flakes. Sliced in half lengthwise and threw in the dehydrator for 12 hours. Crushed in a bag and bottled some up in the empty glass jar in the grinder from Flatiron.

50% scotch bonnet 30% devils tongue 15% habanero 5% Charleston

Post fermentation and bottled hot sauce pictures on Saturday or sunday

Attached Files
        Last edited by jhapka; September 23, 2020, 09:33 PM.

Comment

All done
          Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here