Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Controlled Burn Hot Sauce batch VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlled Burn Hot Sauce batch VI

Just finished Controlled Burn Hot Sauce batch VI. Did a double batch as I give a lot away for fans. I wanted a bit hotter so I increased the habaneros a bit. I used one red bell pepper (7.66 oz.), habaneros (8.16 oz.), red chili peppers (6.18 oz.), serrano peppers (6.06 oz.), and Anaheim peppers (2.21 oz.). I carefully weigh all of the peppers on a digital scale and record how much they weigh so I can adjust my next batch. I bought 5 oz. bottles from S&K (http://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/fin18ab.html) and print my own labels. I even got shrink wrap for the caps.
    I did batch VI on 6-6-15 (not realizing that on 6-6 I did batch VI (666)). I strained out the solids today and bottled into pancake syrup bottles until I get more of the 5 oz. bottles. I also use red wine vinegar bottles for home use. I pretty much eat scrambled eggs every day as we have 20 chickens, the vast majority being American Buckeyes (a real breed, look it up...lol). I put hot sauce on my eggs every day. Good stuff. My favorite recipe here on AR. I follow the recipe exactly except for the pepper proportions, although this time I added an extra 2 oz. of pineapple juice because I didn't want to throw out the extra juice. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2555.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	90471 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2551.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	90472 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2613.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	90473 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2554.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	90474 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2549.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	90475 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2614.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	90476 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2616.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	90477 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2617.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	90478
    Attached Files

The bottles come from SKS, not S&K. http://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/fin18ab.html

Comment

Thanks for posting. Any idea what variety the red chiles were? They don't quite look right for jalapenos, but might be. Or maybe Fresno? Also didn't see any Anaheims in the photos, but I assume you did use them?

BTW--it's chile, not chili.

Comment

• FLBuckeye
        FLBuckeye commented
        Editing a comment
        No idea , I bought the CHILES (lol) at Publix and the bin just said "Red Chile Peppers". The Anaheims weren't pictured as they were thawing from the freezer.

NICE!!!!

Comment

Some of the habaneros I have grown in 5 gallon buckets on my deck

Comment

The 5 oz. bottle that didn't make the original pics Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2618.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	90507

Comment

Just did Batch XI the other day. Have had a bit of trouble finding some of the peppers that are ripened i.e. the jalapenos specifically. Found a local produce market that has them in stock periodically. All of the peppers for this batch were a nice bright color. As you can see by the pics, I loaded up on the habaneros. I forget the name of the peppers to the right but I have the name written down somewhere. Sauce turned out very tasty, as always. My favorite recipe from AR, bar none. Click image for larger version  Name:	1021161709.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.32 MB ID:	247836
            Last edited by FLBuckeye; December 8, 2016, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here