Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"passata"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Passata"?

In all my years. Never heard of the stuff, and then there it is on an end cap at the grocery.

I picked one up. But what would I do with it where it is a superior choice over all the other processed tomato products I’ve been using for the last 50 years?

Cento offers premium products to suit all culinary needs. Taste the difference quality makes and see why you can “Trust Your Family With Our Family”.

Sorry I cain't help ya on this one, Brother
    Previous to yer post, I had long thought a Passata was a model of automobile...

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      That would be a VW Passat....never did like that model
      I just gotta buy cars that burn a lotta gas

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Or a Baseh ball player who was berry berry good to me!

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      Passats are okay. I recently bought a VW, an Atlas. It’s pretty well thought out, but I won’t have it long enough to know if it’s really a good car.

I really enjoy Cento products over any other tomato processor, especially their San Marzanos.

Comment

Its just pureed uncooked tomatoes that the seeds are strained out. Basically if you took a can of whole, peeled tomatoes and pureed and strained it, you would have passata.

I have used it as an uncooked sauce when making pizza. Passata, salt, olive oil and microplaned garlic

Comment

Which grocery store, Mosca ? It would be perfect for my mother-in-law who has diverticulitis and has trouble with regular tomato products due to the seeds.

Comment

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          Weis, in Mountain Top but probably at any of them.

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. We have 2 of them near us. I'll check it out.

I've seen it here by other brand names, used it a few times and stopped.
        We like a more thick hearty sauce when cooking, found this too watery and in some cases kinda tasteless.
        Others may like it, to each his own.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here