Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remoulade Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Remoulade is wonderful on crab cakes. That's usually what I do with any leftover sauce the next day.

K.

• gcdmd
    commented on 's reply
    Using it as the centerpiece for a simple salad is also great.

• gcdmd
    commented on 's reply
    Oh, Yeah. Avocado halves stuffed with lumpfish caviar would be a nice accompaniment.

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, you could call it a reverse marinade type of sauce. It is a thick, creamy sauce, made to be poured onto peeled, deveined, cooked shrimp. Or you can dip the shrimp into it. Cold shrimp and a spicy remoulade with a cold beer at the ready is pretty tasty, I cannot lie. Great on crabcakes, too.

Kathryn

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    I'm happy you encouraged me to clarify, IowaGirl . That's what makes this site so wonderful--all of us helping each other. Shrimp in Remoulade Sauce is pretty addictive, so beware!

K.

• JimLinebarger
    replied
    Balancing the 3 heat sources, so you like the mouth, nose and eyes to water. Glad there wasn't a 4th.

Is this a reverse marinade sauce or can it also work with uncooked shrimp, with some reserve sauce for serving?

Leave a comment:

• Mudkat
    replied
    Love remoulade! This sounds like a good one! I made some for my first homemade crab cakes two weeks ago. It sounds great for shrimp.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    Nice sauce, I've always store bought it. Will have to give it a try !!

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    replied
    Nice one - on the list it goes!!!

Leave a comment:

• IowaGirl
    commented on 's reply
    Obviously I'm rather slow on the uptake, fzxdoc. I look forward to trying your recipe -- it sounds like a nice dish for eating outdoors on a warm, lazy summer evening.

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, that sounds delicious.

Kathryn

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    I clarified it; sorry for the confusion. Having grown up eating remoulade, I guess I just assumed everyone knew it was a sauce.

K.

• texastweeter
    replied
    try stuffing grilled avocado halves with the sauce topped with shrimp and chives!

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    replied
    Another for my list of must does. Thanks Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• mountainsmoker
    replied
    I love shrimps with remoulade sauce will give yours a try.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis