Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homemade Oktoberfest Mustard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    I'd haveta reckon, without thus far hittin their site, that jackalope sausages would be summat powerful pricey, due to they's some elusive lil rascals!!!

Lookin forward to that cook, Brother!

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    I will definitely be tryin this, thanks fer sharin, Brother!

Mustard is very much a staple, in much of what I concoct, culinarily...

Once I find I like V.1.0.0, I might sneak in some prepared horseradish, next batch...

Leave a comment:

• AverageJoe
    replied
    Outstanding. We get a lot of sausages and brats from Continental and this looks like a great one to go on the jackalope sausages.

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    started a topic Homemade Oktoberfest Mustard

Homemade Oktoberfest Mustard

I'm grilling Oktoberfest sausage this afternoon but could not find the Oktoberfest mustard that goes hand and hand with these sausages.
    Found a recipe on the old interweb so cooked it up the other night.
    This would be good with Brats or Wursts and kind of grilled sausage
    Its really close taste wise and would make changes the next time, anyway here's the recipe

Ingredients:
    2 tablespoons butter
    1 tablespoon flour
    1/4 cup yellow mustard
    3 tablespoons white sugar
    1/3 cup milk
    1/4 cup white vinegar

Instructions:
    1. Melt butter in sauce pan
    2. Whisk in flour until smooth
    3. Stir in mustard, sugar and milk
    4. Cook over low heat until smooth
    5. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar

Changes
    1. I switched out 1 tbsp white sugar for 1 tbsp brown sugar. Next time I would only use brown sugar.
    2. Vinegar 1/4 cup was too much at the time but is mellowing with age. Next time I would add vinegar by tbsp until I got taste where I wanted it, and/or would experiment with other vinegars, maybe Apple cider.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here