Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A version of the famous Ruth's Chris BBQ Shrimp recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A version of the famous Ruth's Chris BBQ Shrimp recipe

Very easy and quite tasty

The recipe is basically a Ruth's Chris BBQ Shrimp recipe - you can actually find the ingredients on the RC site, but it is missing some things....I mix one stick of (salted) butter, about 2 tablespoons of Worchester Sauce, few dashed of Tabasco Sauce, about a table spoon of dried parsley, and about 2 table spoons chopped garlic...set in fridge until ready to use - will last a couple weeks easy. When it comes time to cook the shrimp I will heat the pan to medium high (closer to high) add olive oil....the shrimp is lightly seasoned with Zataran's blackened seasoning. Add shrimp to pan and go until it starts to get near opaque in color (about 5 minutes - flipping about 3 minutes in)...then add a shot of chardonnay wine...reduce to half. Once that is done I lower the heat just a bit and add 1/3 cup heavy cream and while stirring let that reduce some adding chopped green onion stalks. Then I add the BBQ butter mixture outlined earlier in small chunks to help it melt faster....keeping the heat the same.Once it is melted it's ready to serve

I see NO possible way this wont be fantastic! I need to get some shrimp again. They used to be a staple in this house, I love the buy one get one sales.

Comment

I'm about to down some pre-cooked shrimp with Sriracha.

Nice dish!!!!!

Comment

Pre cooked???? I have a bunch of 15 - 20's in the freezer. Get them off the boat locally. If you ever come down this way I will cook you some shrimp. Anyway you want it. My favorite is boiled. Three minutes they are done taste like little lobster.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Round dish at wal-mart. I LOVE boiled. There was a family back in our home town that shrimped in the Gulf. I HATED cleaning them, but boiled is my favorite, by far. But fried, any other way, I ain't complaining.

I'm in Guy!

Great recipe GS

Comment

Jerod they are pretty easy to clean if you know the steps. I spent days shrimping in the Gulf when I was 16. Went out with friends that owned three boats during Christmas break in school. Hard work and 15 hour days. Great experience though. Made $500.00 for my share in 1970.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            A lady here uses scissors. I feel the same about fish and shrimp. YOU catch and clean .....I'll eat your share and mine.

Jerod, will swap for a good brisket. No wonder you hate cleaning them scissors are too slow. I head them with both hands one shrimp in each hand. Pop the heads off all of the shrimp and then go back to the finishing each one. Leave the tails on or just squeeze the tall and it will come off but leave the meat.
          Last edited by Guy; February 22, 2015, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Great stuff guys

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here