Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked pulled beef quesadillas sauce ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked pulled beef quesadillas sauce ideas?

Can anyone recommend a simple make-at-home sauce for pulled beef quesadillas w/ cheddar cheese? Something subtle. I have BBQ sauce, I have Meathead's burger glop, and ranch. I just don't think any of those are what I'm looking for.

Ideas?

Ever use Las Palmas enchilada sauce as a base? I use it in my beans a lot. Might work well for you with a little ingenuity...

Comment

I'm a sucker for a good bell pepper and onion flavor, maybe some american cheese, and a little Sriracha.

Comment

The sauce from a can of chipotles mixed with either mayo, sour cream or both. Mix to your taste in terms of heat, I am a fan of doing this, quick and easy.

Comment

Originally posted by scorched_porch View Post
          Ever use Las Palmas enchilada sauce as a base? I use it in my beans a lot. Might work well for you with a little ingenuity...
          scorched_porch I was going to say the same thing. It makes a great base. I usually add fresh roasted jalapeños, chopped onion, roasted garlic and maybe a touch of cumin. This is what I do, but I love hot, smokey and savory enchilada sauce.

Comment

• scorched_porch
            scorched_porch commented
            Editing a comment
            Bingo. Or add some chipotle jalapeno's in there with a little adobo and you're golden.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Dang Spinaker, add about two lbs of jack & cheddar cheese to that and I'm in!

Thansk guys for the ideas. What I neglected to add to my question was the line "that I can make in the next hour w/o going to the store". Lol.

I have adobo, sour cream, sriracha. I'm thinking maybe mixing differing amounts of these for now.

Keep the ideas coming though for a future sauce after a grocery store trip!

Comment

• scorched_porch
            scorched_porch commented
            Editing a comment
            Then I vote for Adobo +Sour cream. Got limes? Squeeze some juice in there. Have fun!

Can't wait to see the pics of the pulled beef!

Comment

I couldn't find the stupid adobo, I know I'd just seen it. Blast! Anyway, I ended up mixing sour cream and sriracha. It was great. Sour cream is usually what I and the kids use for quesadillas, and sriracha is just awesome on smoked beef.

I appreciate the ideas. It's responses like this that make me realize how much I don't know about cooking. I wouldn't have ever thought of half the things you guys brought up.

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Sriracha is good with just about anything. With sour cream I bet its really good. I'd probably have to add something additional to get a bit more heat than just Sriracha. Probably some chopped Habs or Serranos.

If you aint sweatin', you aint liken it!!

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Spinaker wow, you like heat. Sriracha is all the heat I can handle really.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here