Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get ghost peppers now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get ghost peppers now?

Pirate Scott's Ghost Pepper Ribs post has me dying to try it, but it requires making your own ghost pepper sauce, which requires fresh ghost peppers, which are apparently not in season.

BBQ Hell, my friends. BBQ Hell. #firstworldproblems

Surely some enterprising person buys and freezes them to ship year round. But I can't find them.

Anyone?

Found this.

Future resource.

I don't know why the first link won't work properly for me, takes me to the home page, not the ghost pepper. Click Shop and then look under 'Superhot peppers' for ghost pepper.
    Last edited by ComfortablyNumb; January 23, 2019, 12:52 PM.

Comment

You think reconsituted dried ghost peppers would work for this dish? It may be my only choice.

Sure wish I could get frozen...

Comment

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup I do it with jalapenos.. put a smoke on then dehydrate in my smoker on 160 for two days.. they keep in Mason jars for a long time..

It seems to be my only choice, so I did it. I ordered 4 oz of smoked dried ghost peppers. Will reconstitute for the recipe.

Comment

Everything fresh I could find at first was 'sold out' or 'unavailable'. However, not one to give up easily (translation: stubborn) I came across these resources:

A page of pepper resources.

A place that offers frozen.

A place offering fresh.

Comment

They sell them fresh at my local grocer. I would check there. You might be surprised. They are fun to grow as well.

Comment

/www.pepperscale.com/
            pepperjoe.com/

Here are two site that look interesting.

Comment

Could you substitute a different pepper? Habanero?

Comment

• Pirate Scott
                Pirate Scott commented
                Editing a comment
                Sure can Anything goes!

If you have access to any kind of indian grocer or supermarket i would also check there. I love the range of stuff i can get at my local indian and hong kong supermarkets. Wanna smoke an eel or pick up some fish heads/bones for stock...no problem

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here