Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chick-fil-a Sauce recipe--

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chick-fil-a Sauce recipe--

For those of you not familiar with Chick-fil-a or Chick-fil-a Sauce (Huskee, I'm looking at you), and for those that are and can't get enough of the little packs of goodness, here is a good copycat recipe:

1/2 cup mayonaise
    4 teaspoons yellow mustard
    2 teaspoons lemon juice
    4 tablespoons honey
    2 tablespoons KC Style BBQ sauce

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.

Chick-fil-a Sauce is one of the most magical sauces on the planet - kinda tastes like a overly sweet honey mustard initially, then the follow-up flavor of BBQ sets in. MMMMMMMM!

Good on chicken (obviously) as well as burgers, ham steaks, fries or as a general sandwich spread for cold cuts (or leftover turkey sammiches).

Now that I have found a good recipe I don't have to embarrasingly ask the kid at the Chick-fil-a drive thru for 5+ packs per sandwich so that I can keep up my hoard at home. I'll be bottling my own from now on.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by HC in SC; December 23, 2014, 11:57 AM.

Thanks! I will be trying this!

Good timing too, with Turkey day leftovers on the way!

Comment

Thanks, I see a recipe for the Honey Roasted BBQ Sauce I need to try, I love that stuff, at least in small quantities.

Comment

Huskee got called out....hahahahaha

Comment

Oh I think not JB. I think not indeed.

Comment

I been reading on the main site.....

Comment

Lol, all I'm saying is try it. Mayo and honey will change it completely as will straight mustard.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                It's too simple not to try.

• HC in SC
                HC in SC commented
                Editing a comment
                I will give your recipe a go as well, but you are right - we are talking 2 totally differnt animals here. Besides MH already threw down the gauntlet on his SC Mustard sauce, so I'll be half way there anyway. 😄

Actually the big shocker was that Huskee has never had a Chick-fil-a sammich; that is a damn shame that should be corrected ASAP.

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't travel much! [insert snobby comment here like: ...and when I do I don't eat fast food] lol. I enjoy me some fast food. If i get a chance I will try some Chick Fil A. I will report back. I've had Popeye's and was WAY less than impressed.

• HC in SC
                HC in SC commented
                Editing a comment
                Popeyes and Chick-fil-a are not a good comparison. Chick-fil-a; albiet fast food technically is far superior to anything else with a drive thru window out there. I don't like fast food much myself, but Chick-fil-a is quality food - nothing like a Sonic, BK, McDs, KFC, Church's, Popeyes, Taco Bell, Zaxby's, Raisin' Cane's, etc, etc ad nauseam.

When I was a kid (70s/80s) they could only be found in shopping malls, since about the mid-90s they have been doing the free standing buildings - they have really blown up in SC in the past 10 years.

Do yourself a 'flavor' and if you happen to see one on an exit sign when you are on the road, stop by and check out their original sammich - you will not be disappointed, I promise.

Didn't that start where Jeff Foxworthy is from?

Comment

• HC in SC
                HC in SC commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep in Hotlanta - one of my least favorite places to have to drive through. Once you get just about 10 miles outside of Atlanta, then you're back in Georgia again. 😄

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here