Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trigger warning --- language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger warning --- language

Ok, so, this might need to be in the sauce section but I wasn't sure cause it isn't a recipe. But, I'm hoping competition folks can answer a question. you make lots of money winning lots of competitions and Kraft offers to bottle your sa uce. who would name their sauce this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	shit the bed.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	314418

Feel th' Burn!!!

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Twice!!

• GadjetGriller
      GadjetGriller commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow RonB LOL

Not sure what the marketing angle is they're going for…

Comment

Kinda like "Rectal Rocket Fuel"

Comment

• Craigar
        Craigar commented
        Editing a comment
        Anal anguish.

The world is full of poorly conceived brands....

Comment

I don't know. I've seen the ass blaster variety of sauce in stores, but this seems like too much of a sneak attack.

Comment

Sure. Make fun. We are now in the realm of my favorite subject. I can match poop jokes with ANY 6 year old. Just saying you better be careful.

Comment

I'm not saying I'm childish but....its in my fridge. Not sure how many SHU's but it's pretty lively on the palette. Thankfully it's not lived up to the name yet 😜
            Attached Files

Comment

According to this https://www.bunstersworldwide.com/pa...sked-questions
              35,000 scovilles..
              Maybe not enough to burn a hole in your bed but the Black label might...

Comment

Cheers Steve, I have a bit of a reputation for my hot sauce addiction, a friend got me the STB as a gift to add to the growing collection. Despite the pretty whimsical crude name which suggest novelty over maybe substance - it's actually got a really nice complex depth of flavour. A bit too hot to just lash on a burger but used liberally it's delicious for marinades etc.

Comment

That reminds me of this sauce I found in a gas stop while driving through SW Missouri....

Name:	IMG_7418.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	314620

I left this one on the shelf, but I guess you really can sell anything.

Comment

• Steve Vojtek
                    Steve Vojtek commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I would have bought it!

Wow that's wild! Over here in Oz which is where the STB sauce is from, they often don't care for overly ornate language so maybe that just reflects in the marketing. I was looking in a hardware store for some primer for my lawnmower and got recommended this.....true story. I best get off this thread before I get banned!!😳
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Karon Adams
                    Karon Adams commented
                    Editing a comment
                    personally, and I do not represent the site, at all, I don't mind language in it's proper context. it is when a person thinks that by using such language they have proven something while merely being vile that I object. I LOVE this name cause it is SO appropriate.

• Karon Adams
                    Karon Adams commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Englishman, Australian and Scot go into a bar, each orders a beer. each beer has a fly in it. the englishman just pushes the mus aside and orders another. the Aussie laughs and just drinks up. the Scotsman reaches in, grabs the fly, shaking it over the much, "Spet et oot ya wee bostid ya!!"

I love a good hot sauce myself and have the usual suspects I can get down here:
                  Cholula, Frank's Red Hot, LA Costena, One F%&$#@%g drop at a time and Tabasco and others. But there is one I havent had the balls to try yet. Even as an additive..:

Name:	DSC_0350.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	314633

800 thousand scovilles.....WOW!

But being a fellow Aussie and you like hot stuff you may appreciate this: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SHANEZ-ST...sAAOSw5ZBWPIFi

That will clear your sinuses in no time at all... And the flavour is Top Notch!..

Comment

• kmhfive
                    kmhfive commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I believe PureCap claimed 3-million SHU.

• Steve Vojtek
                    Steve Vojtek commented
                    Editing a comment
                    3 million would be well in the pepper spray territory I believe......seriously hot...

• Steve Vojtek
                    Steve Vojtek commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Steve B .I believe the ghost pepper was the hottest pepper until people started crossbreeding peppers.
                    I have dried ghost peppers but once again no balls to use them yet.. Ouch ! Alright

I enjoy good hot sauces and have made some on my own that the average person I share them with thinks are too hot. But to me, the point of a good hot sauce is not the heat, but capturing the essence of the peppers involved--really showcasing the flavor of the particular peppers used.

Comment

• Steve Vojtek
                    Steve Vojtek commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He does ship internationally....

• kmhfive
                    kmhfive commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks!

• ILikePigButts
                    ILikePigButts commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I also vouch for rareseeds.com. They have so much and it has close to 100% germination if growing from seed.

Now THAT is one crappy name!

Comment

• Steve Vojtek
                    Steve Vojtek commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Crappy.. S&%t the bed.. I now get it.. Sorry a bit slow sometimes.. LOL.....good one Willy..

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here