Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apricot Salsa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apricot Salsa

Easily made and then, you can can it up into canning jars. and it is AMAZING with Chicken. Really don't have time to cook, and you're staring down a 35 minute wait to check out at the local warehouse bigbox place, this helps. go ahead and buy that precooked Rotisserie Chicken for dinner.

But, VIOLA! if you have the ingredients to toss it together. you'll have an amazin salsa. If I were smoking a bird, I'd toss some feet on the grill cut a few times. to increase gelatin content. then use that as part of the rest of the recipe. if you are buying store bought bird, you won't have drippings (unless the store collects them and would be willing to give you a jar.)

Ingredients

2 pounds dried apricots, chopped
    32 ounces apricot preserves
    ​​​​​​​32 ounces crushed pineapple
    ​​​​​​​32 ounces stewed diced tomatoes​​​​​​​32 ounces madarin segments
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    ​​​​​​​2 tbsp cilantro
    ​​​​​​​3 tsp cinnamon
    ​​​​​​​Add all ingredients to listDirections

1. mix all ingredients, including all juices from cans, in slow cooker and cook on lowest temperature all day. cook until well reduced and thick. be careful, if it overcooks, it will caramalize and is not as good when that happens.
    2. depending on you slow cooker and whether or not you use a slow cooker liner, it could take 8-14 hours to completely meld the flavors and reduce the sauce.
    3. once finished, put up in canning jars and, if you plan to store it. if canning, process the jars in boiling water as one would process tomatoes. if processed, the jars may be sotred in the pantry.
    4. serve with chicken, often with rice as a side dish. use salsa over the chicken and the rice.

Sounds like a recipe I have to try!

Comment

Many thanks for postin' this Karon!
      You Rock, Woman!!!

Comment

I have to say, it's pretty good. adjust the acidity, sweet or hot to your tastes but make certain you have elements of all of them. OH, I LOVE this stuff. especially on yardbird.

Comment

gosh i wish I could afford to or be popular enough too write a cookbook.

Comment

Write an internet one.
            Charge people t' download it in .pdf form.
            It's done all th' time.
            And / or sell it on ePay...
            (offer discounts t' AR Members)
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; February 22, 2017, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Thank you for sharing Karon Adams . This also sounds like it would be good on pork chops.

Comment

• Karon Adams
                Karon Adams commented
                Editing a comment
                it is. I like to blend it to a paste and put a couple of tablespoons into the sous vide bag with pork loin chops. then, of course, contents of the bag become part of the sauce. I add some chunky to the skillet for texture. You see it on a couple of my Pork pics.

here it is with fresh cranberries added as well. Click image for larger version

Name:	2015 12 26 macro 001.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	326.5 KB
ID:	279858

Comment

• Craigar
                Craigar commented
                Editing a comment
                That looks fantastic!

• Karon Adams
                Karon Adams commented
                Editing a comment
                gotta admit, it was pretty decent.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here