Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meathead's Burger Glop- how to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meathead's Burger Glop- how to

Here's Meathead's recipe for Burger Glop in pictures.

First the recipe from his Secret Sauce page:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Burger glop.JPG
Views:	460
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	25743

First off, 1/2C of KC style BBQ sauce. Here I'm using my personal recipe, I call it Huskee's Original Shawsh

Name:	IMAG5634.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	25744

Next is equal part (1/2C) of mayo. I prefer to use Kraft Real Mayo, it tastes the best to me.

Name:	IMAG5635.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	25745

Then stir it up. Or stir later, it doesn't really matter.

Name:	IMAG5636.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	25746

Next, 3 Tbsp yellow mustard

Name:	IMAG5637.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	25748

Next up is 1Tbsp of hot sauce. The recipe calls for Chipotle Tabasco. I don't have any of that so I used what I had, which is Frank's Red Hot, which is less hot and more buffalo wingy. It works excellent if you want to use it. Don't worry, it doesn't make it taste like hot sauce, it hides far in the background.

Name:	IMAG5638.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	25747

Next, and this is very important- dribble some on the counter. If it hits the mayo jar you get bonus points.

Name:	IMAG5639.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	25749

1/4 tsp garlic powder

Name:	IMAG5640.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	25750

1/4 tsp table salt

Name:	IMAG5641.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	25752

Stir

Name:	IMAG5642.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	25753

Stir more. You're finished!

Name:	IMAG5643.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	25754

This stuff is amazing. I'll wager you wont go back to mustard & ketchup again. At least our house hasn't, this is a regular staple now.

Meathead has hit gold with this in my book!
    Attached Files

I so agree. This is good as a beverage. Its amazing.

Comment

jeesh... I missed this on AR! I will be trying it soon!

Comment

Have made it and it is certainly a winner

Comment

I have yet to make this, but I've been wanting to. Does the mustard flavor come through? I ask because the better half really hates mustard. I'll end up making it anyway, but it'd be nice to know ahead of time.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Not at all. The mustard and hot sauce are not noticeable at all. I suppose if a person really HATED mustard they could probably tell it's there but it FAAAAaaaaar in the background. The good thing about this sauce is that it's greater than the sum of its parts...meaning it doesn't simply taste like a blend of its ingredients, it's a whole new animal IMO.

• bbqoaf
            bbqoaf commented
            Editing a comment
            Like anchovies in Caesar salad dressing, don't tell them and people who would never go within a mile of an anchovie will love it.

wow! looks soooo good.

Comment

Just made this with my homemade low carb ketchup and Anchor Bar Hot Wing sauce (could have sworn I bought some chipotle tabasco, but it's disappeared). Had it with my 80/20 burger with sharp cheddar and a slice of red onion.

Good stuff and I don't usually put mustard on anything except hot dogs/sausages. It doesn't taste at all like mustard and it just gets some zing from the hot sauce - and the chipotle tabasco is probably less spicy

Comment

Huskee I try the Glop on a brisket sammich and it was fantastic

Comment

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
                Guest I try the Glop on a brisket sammich and it was fantastic
                Nice! It's an excellent French fry dip too

Comment

• DWCowles
                  DWCowles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I will have to stay with ketchup on my fries Huskee

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You're a man that knows what he likes DWCowles

Yes, yes,yes... Winner, winner chicken dinner! It has become a staple in my fridge too. Here's a picture from April when we had Meathead's Steakhouse Steakburgers for dinner. Notice the bowl of Glop near the center of the table with a spoon in it. Mmmm... Good stuff.😋

Comment

• OGMrWhite
                  OGMrWhite commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks fantastic! Extra points to the guest on the left with the Sierra Nevada.

• Breadhead
                  Breadhead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The Sierra Nevada was for my daughter in law. The momma to those 2 grandkids of mine.😎

I need to make this next burger night.

Comment

Tabasco should really just stick with the original pepper sauce they're famous for, because branching out to other peppers never worked for me. I've tried all but their Buffalo flavor, and it's all "meh" to me. I know they're trying to branch out to compete, but I doubt they're losing that much money on the original sauce. Heck, oyster sales alone keeps them in business! Now for an alternate take, I've also never been a fan of the Cholula original hot sauce, it always seemed weak to me. But, they do have a chipotle version that is really good. Smokey, and has better flavor and heat than their original sauce. I'm going to prep the glop sauce with the Cholula chipotle sauce and Head Country BBQ sauce, and let you know later how it comes out.
                  Last edited by DJ DeSpain; September 23, 2015, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• DJ DeSpain
                    DJ DeSpain commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh, and down this way, it's Hellmann's mayo.... though Duke's a close second if you're in North Carolina. Kraft's just a step above generic store brand to our moms down here in the south. As a bonus, Hellmann's a NASCAR sponsor. (Hey, look at the pic, gotta rep, but I do prefer Hellmann's)
                    Last edited by DJ DeSpain; September 23, 2015, 06:04 PM.

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    DJ DeSpain I've since discovered Dukes, and I prefer it. I do tend to like Kraft better than Hellmans, but whatever mayo you use is insignificant.

I never even knew this one existed.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here