Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An excellent sauce/recipe for pork tenderloin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An excellent sauce/recipe for pork tenderloin

This came through my Facebook feed, in a recipe for hasselback apple pork tenderloin. Holy heck, this sauce is awesome.
    INGREDIENTS

• 2 pounds pork tenderloin
    • 2 apples, thinly sliced
    • 2 cups baby carrots
    • 2 cups baby potatoes
    Sauce
    • 3 cloves garlic, minced
    • 3 tablespoons honey
    • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
    • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
    • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
    • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
    • Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

Mix up the sauce ingredients.Put the vegetables in the crockpot, hasselback the tenderloins and stick the apple slices in the slits, place on top of the veggies. Drizzle the sauce over the tenderloins, cook on high for 3 hours. Total prep time is about 20 minutes.

I have this going in the crockpot right now. But the sauce... I would wolf this stuff down with a spoon. Seriously, this would be hella good on anything pork. Ribs. Especially ribs.

Thanks for sharing! I just happened to be smoking a pork loin this afternoon and put that sauce on the finished product. It was good, though I found I had to hit it with an immersion blender to bring the sauce together.

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      I whisked it for a couple minutes. The cinnamon needs to be whipped into suspension.

• MattTheGR8
      MattTheGR8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I was having trouble with both the cinnamon and dijon. The blender also took care of incorporating the bits of minced garlic.

This came out pretty good. A couple of notes, though:

3 hours on high in the crockpot is problematic. The pork was 160 and the carrots were still hard. I think it would be better at 5 hours on low. The flavor was great, but the meat was a bit dry.

And to that end I think it would be better as an oven recipe. The tenderloin has to get a little sear, a little crispness on it. Try it at 325 until the pork hits temp.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here