Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meatheads burger glop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meatheads burger glop

Who's tried it? My wife and I made a batch of it last week and I have to say, this stuff is amazing. In a weeks time it's become a dinner time staple. If you've never tried it do yourself a favor and whip up a batch even if you're not making burgers, it's good on just about anything.

Same here (also made up a first batch last week) ... it's been used on everything in sight (except burgers, so far). It was wonderful on hot dogs (easy, Meathead ... no ketchup in the glop ... just Sweet Baby Ray's). It's now replaced just about every condiment in the refrigerator.

Comment

We also love that stuff. I try it on a brisket sandwich and it was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S

Comment

I just tried it on fried fish. Gotta be honest, tarter sauce is still in first place but the glop is running an awfully close second.

Comment

It's also great w/ french fries as a dip. It's my kids' favorite, they ask for it all the time. I make it with Frank's since I don't like or buy Tabasco. Here's a post I made on it some time ago in case anyone cares to see it in pictures.

Comment

• ribeyeguy
            ribeyeguy commented
            Editing a comment
            Your old post is where I discovered it. Thanks Huskee!

I'm sure it's delicious, like all of MH's other recipes, but I've got to say, "glop" is just about the most unappetizing word I can think of. I really can't imagine eating anything called "glop." In fact, one could argue that MH, himself, considers it an "unappetizing" word since he refers to roux based brown gravy as "gloppy" in a disparaging way. Just saying.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Comment

I made it and called it "glop" and no one else would eat it. So I pretended to make it again and presented it as Chicago sauce, and it was a big hit.

Shrug.

Comment

BTW, I just re-read Huskee 's post linked above. The ingredients are quite similar (mayo, ketchup, yellow mustard, hot spice and garlic powder) to Shake Shack's famous (and addictive) "Shack Sauce." Different proportions, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dewesq55 View Post
                I'm sure it's delicious, like all of MH's other recipes, but I've got to say, "glop" is just about the most unappetizing word I can think of. I really can't imagine eating anything called "glop." In fact, one could argue that MH, himself, considers it an "unappetizing" word since he refers to roux based brown gravy as "gloppy" in a disparaging way. Just saying.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
                I agree, Glop as a name doesn't do it justice. Sunshine Sauce would fit much better, lol

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here