Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce

Used to work at a wing chain. Knew the secret recipe for the hot sauce but misplaced it somewhere. I do remember the ingredients but not the proportions. Made boneless wings today for my daughter and threw together some hot wing sauce.

The recipe:

1 23 oz. bottle of Frank's Hot sauce
    42 oz. tomato juice
    4 oz. lime juice
    4 oz lemon juice
    1 tbsp cayenne
    1 tbsp ancho powder (this is a variation, the real recipe calls for cayenne only)
    2 tbsp malt vinegar
    1 tbsp tamarind paste (also not in the real recipe)

Whisk in mixing bowl well. Refrigerate after preparing for optimum freshness.
    I use a gallon plastic pitcher to shake the chicken wings or boneless wings.

The sauce isn't overpowering heat wise but has a good flavor

Where's the Sriracha?? Just kidding....looks good!!!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      No doubt. I love it on brisket quesadilla's...can't wait to make more hot wings.

How would you add it to that recipe??

• FLBuckeye
      FLBuckeye commented
      Editing a comment
      Perhaps cut the Frank's in half and substitute the sriracha for the other half. Not sure how that would work out. Might just add some sriracha into the wing sauce next time and see what happens. Will post an update when I do that

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I really need to use all this Sriracha I got

I like to keep my wing sauce simple, and I've had raves about it. Melt a stick of butter, whisk with a cup or two of Frank's. Bam.

Dry-brine the wings, dry them off as well as possible, and give them a veeeery light coating of flour. Just enough to keep them dry, not enough to form breading. I give them about 5 minutes in the deep fryer at 375 (my fryer takes a long time to come back up to temperature, so dropping a dozen wings in at 375 generally means that they are actually cooking at 350). After about 3 minutes I start checking the smalles wings with my thermapen. Once they hit 165, out they come.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      FLB, if you worked at Bdub's you were doing it right, I love their wings. Perfect doneness in my book, crispy but not overdone, still soft meat. I want wings now.

• _Keith
      _Keith commented
      Editing a comment
      FLBuckeye, how is any of that relevant to how I make my wings? What do I care what the restaurant yardstick for doneness is?

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Guys we're all friends here, let's work to keep the heat in the sauce only.
      Last edited by Huskee; September 14, 2014, 08:10 PM.

here is my take on wing sauce for what its worth. ENJOY ~~Prep Time: 5 minutes
    Cook Time: 10 minutes
    Total Time: 15 minutes
    Ingredients:
    • 8 tablespoons Louisiana hot sauce (I use franks)
    • 8 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine
    • 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
    • 1/4 teaspoon ground dried Habanero pepper
    • 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
    • 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
    • 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    • salt to taste
    Preparation:
    Mix all the ingredients in a saucepan and over low heat bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 min and then turn off and your ready for ?????
    Serve sauce on the side to keep chicken wings crispy.

Comment

Great recipe Papa Bob, and your typing skills are getting better daily! You'll be a computer guy before you know it, lol.

Comment

• Papa Bob
        Papa Bob commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks! for the sake of copy and paste go I, lol.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here