Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raising Cane's Dip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raising Cane's Dip

I'm grateful to all who have been so willing to share their knowledge with me. Many pioneers and innovators spent countless years refining their craft/technique/recipes and now that information can be passed on with the click of a few buttons.

That being said, I'd like to offer a small contribution of my own. There's a highly successful chicken finger restaurant chain known as Raising Canes that started near LSU back in the late 90's. They've since gone on to open locations nationwide, with the furthest being Las Vegas, Nevada as far as I know.

Their second location was opened in my very own hometown of Lafayette, only a few blocks away from my home.

They offer a very small menu of chicken fingers, a few sides, sweet tea and fresh lemonade.

They don't offer ranch, bbq sauce or honey mustard. Instead, they offer a highly popular dipping sauce that is very reminiscent of what us "coonasses" (read:cajun) often use as a dip for boiled crawfish.

The recipe is passed off as top secret, but I'm here to tell you, it's not nearly as well guarded as the CocaCola recipe or Colonel Sander's original recipe.

If you'd like to make it at home, you can use the following recipe, I've been making it for years.

P.S. - It goes well with more than just chicken.

1 cup Kraft Mayonaise (Regular, not light)
    1/2 cup Heinz Ketchup
    1 Tbsp Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
    1 tsp McCormick Garlic Powder
    1 tsp McCormick Coarse Ground Black Pepper

Mix it up and set in the fridge overnight. The flavors need time to meld. It won't taste right if you try to use it right away.

Merry Christmas guys and gals!

Thanks Steve. Dad went back to Gueydan this morning, fog was too thick to hunt, and he whipped up some fried tenders last night. I was able to scarf a few more down this morning for lunch with some Hot Buffalo Wing sauce.

Have to check this out. Love me some Mayo. Been to Canes once in Nacogdoches. Those tenders must have come off 12 pound birds!!!

Comment

nice. i live in vegas and eat at them from time to time.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the recipe! I love their Texas toast as most restaurants have forgotten how to offer it on a menu these days.

Comment

SteveFromLafayette, Are You One of Those Green Eyed CoonAsses (Arcdian)? I have a friend Sid Duhon, Bobcat Dealer, in the New Orleans area. I haven't seen for years! Pale Green Eyes would Scare You! Thanks for the Dip Recipe watch for my World Famous Leg and Thigh Recipe! It will be up before the Super Bowl! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Acadian hence Acadiana where they dwellest.

• Danjohnston949
            Danjohnston949 commented
            Editing a comment
            Jerod Broussard, Just shows how ignorant a Scotch English Decendant can be! Thanks Jerod, Dan

Two thumbs up!!!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, oldest step daughter whipped up a batch so she could try it the next day. VERY good. I've always loved eating shrimp and crawfish in a ketchup/mayo mixture.

• SteveFromLafayette
            SteveFromLafayette commented
            Editing a comment
            Excellent! Me too, I even dip my toast in the sauce. You can almost use it where ranch would be used.

• Craigar
            Craigar commented
            Editing a comment
            Toss in some of my wife's homemade pickle relish and you have a kick butt 1000 island dressing/secret sauce.

I don't mean to go off topic. Do you guys not think their brine is their secret.

White meat is bland, I'm more a dark meat fan.
          But canes tenders are are so juicy and flavourful.
          Their breading is boring but the actual chicken is brilliant...(In my humble opinion)

Comment

I dunno. The tenders we had were HUGE. I had a supervisor that said she culled out the dino-tenders and would give them to her husband.

I wasn't impressed except for the sesame seeds on the bread and the sauce.

Comment

Yes, their chicken is rather juicy. Cane's claims to brine them for 24 hours. What Cane's doesn't tell you is that they're loaded with MSG. But that's to be expected of most fast food chicken joints.

Comment

If you're interested in the brine, you should check out Dr. Blonders website, genuine.ideas.com. It's the best resource online, I've actually been having a question and answers discussion with him. Although, I don't know if it's on the forums.

I know all about the MSG legend but it doesn't add up. If your brine results in an internal msg percentage above 0.1%, you will impart a metallic taste to the meat.

Anyway, I travelled across the Atlantic to try Canes. I don't think you're far from what was the very first location. How would you compare Canes to Zaxby's or Chickfila.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                  Editing a comment
                  It takes me weeks to digest a Blonder website page.

Welcome to The Pit amateur.cook! We'd love to get an intro from you over in the Introduce Yourself channel if you have a minute or two.

Since this is your first couple posts, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here