Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bibigo Korean BBQ Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bibigo Korean BBQ Sauce

This is a sauce I picked up at random a few weeks ago at my local grocery store. It's really good. It's more than just sweet and sour; there is a bean paste element that gives it tremendous depth. And, yes, it does taste like a BBQ sauce. The Hot and Spicy version is also decently spicy. I've been using it on tuna, salmon, and chicken. I love it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 1.03.46 PM.png
Views:	285
Size:	232.4 KB
ID:	1079761

Sweet! Thanks for sharing. I will keep an eye open for this one.

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes it is, sweet, very.

Not to rain on anyone’s parade, but do know that a serving size is 1 tbs, which equates, if my math is right, 8 grams, 6 of those or 75% is added sugar in at least 3 forms, the biggie being high fructose corn syrup. FWIW.

Comment

• Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      A good point! I find myself using far less of this sauce on food than I do other sauces as it is so richly flavored. When I do salmon with it, I don't even season the salmon, I just brush this on at the end. Perhaps 1 tbl per fillet. (As sugar burns easily, I always do this at the end.)

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      I think if you drank a two liter bottle of Coke while using this bbq sauce you might just become diabetic inside of a week. Or become completely immune to Covid. 🤷🏼

• Murdy
      Murdy commented
      Editing a comment
      It's really good on Twizzler's

I've had pretty good results with the P&S products as well. The sauce is really good.

Click image for larger version  Name:	seasoning and sauce.jpg Views:	0 Size:	788.2 KB ID:	1079815

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting, that outfit is about 20 minutes from me. In a roundabout way I know the mother of the owners of PS. She & her husband started it away back.

I recently marinated and then basted a batch of boneless/skinless chicken thighs in this sauce. Big hit with the crowd I served.

Comment

I've used this before, and it was really really good. I do prefer to make my own gochujang based Korean BBQ sauce most of the time though. I am planning to make some Korean bbq sauce this weekend, for serving with some chicken.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here