Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried Bachan's Japanese Barbecue Sauce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mnavarre
    replied
    Grabbed a bottle at the store today. It's basically a yakisoba sauce, which is exactly what it looked like from the ingredients. It's quite tasty, but not something you couldn't easily make on your own. It'll be nice having a sauce for a quick yakisoba or yakitori cook in the fridge. I could see doctoring the regular one up with some gojujang and gojugaru and using it to glaze galbi or chicken.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Nice. Thanks for the review. I am looking forward to trying it. I should check if they sell it here, locally. I did not order the spicy one, but now I wish I would have.

• rickgregory
    replied
    Ok, grabbed some of the spicy. It's quite good actually. Think of a very good teriyaki with some tomato overtones and a big kick of spice. It's nice and aromatic with a littte sweetness but it's not at all cloying.
    Last edited by rickgregory; August 19, 2021, 06:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    rickgregory so sorry!

The Fresh Market only has the regular version in stock, but if we really like it, I'll order some of the spicy version online.

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    DAMMIT. You made me look. And it's available at the butcher a couple miles from me. And I need chuck roast anyway.

• jfmorris
    replied
    This looks interesting. Thankfully, The Fresh Market 2 miles down the road is listed as a retailer that carries it, so I'll pick some up next time I am down that way.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Maybe you should whip us up a batch?

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    "Non-GMO Soy Sauce, Mirin, Tomato Paste, Organic Ginger, Green Onion, Organic Rice Vinegar, Organic Garlic, Sea Salt, Organic Sesame Oil"

I can make that... I have all of the ingredients.

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Sweet! Thanks for the rec! I am looking forward to it.

• JakeT
    replied
    Yep, both versions are amazing! I use them frequently

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks guys. I now have two bottles of each on the way.
    I’m excited. 🙌

• rgriffeath
    commented on 's reply
    Steve B Yes, both are great

• rgriffeath
    commented on 's reply
    @spinaker

That sounds like a great idea. You will love it.

• Steve B
    commented on 's reply
    Oh boy. They have a spicy version as well.
    Think I’m gonna be putting in an order myself.
    Thanks for the info rgriffeath

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Sweet! Great to hear. Thanks for the input. I am gonna use some to make jerky too. I am pumped to try them.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here