Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheating for Supper tonight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheating for Supper tonight.

We are going to have a quick and easy tonight.

Grilled cheese sandwiches on the Blackstone.
    Takes about 10 minute to do a batch of 10 sandwiches and about 30 seconds to clean up.

Followed by.
    Kind of sort of home made chicken noodle soup.
    Frozen egg noodles, rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, and Chicken stock out of the jar.

Desert is going to be pop open cinnamon rolls from Pillsbury. They actually aren't TOO bad in a pinch. My wife tends to bogart the frosting though.

Sounds darn good to me!

Comment

Enjoy.
      We often have toasted sandwiches for an easy dinner and they always good, especially the bacon and cheese ones.

Comment

My kind of meal. As I’ve said here before I want my last meal to be a grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of soup.

Comment

There are nights when cheatin is a necessity; I have posted many such meals clearly labeled here as such...

Fact of th matter is, we all gots other things goin on, mostly, but we still gotsta eat us summat, right? Instead of standin on ritual, an ceremony, sometimes one jus opens a few cans, doctors stuff up a bit, etc., provides immediate gratification to one's loved ones, an rolls on... T'morrow's a nuther day, right?

I initially felt kinda Goobery (is that a word?) fer puttin me up some canned bean cooks, but have since seen such stellar folks like Cowboy Kent Rollins, Sam Th Cookin Guy, Malcolm Reed an others doin jus th same thing...I might be a cheater, at times, but I'm sho nuff in some dang dang Good Company!
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; October 18, 2020, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Loren
            Loren commented
            Editing a comment
            Cold Spaghetti O's from the can are a delicacy, doesn't matter how you look at it; they just are 😎

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't stop at the "O"s there is canned soup. Veggie beef, Clam chowder, and the list goes on.

• Cheef
            Cheef commented
            Editing a comment
            A question that PROBABLY shouldn't be asked?
            WHY are these things better cold than warmed up?

We do cheat occasionally and one that we always kind of feel guilty for?
          Gramper is a CORN DOG MAN!
          You ask him what he'd like for Supper and the answer will always be CORN DOGS.
          My wife limits him to that treat once every two weeks but every other Friday night is CORN DOGS and Fritos with a chocolate malt from Dairy Queen.
          He is also a fan of Vienna Sausage. Says he made lunch in the field for years on Vienna sausage and crackers. I like a Vienna but only occassionaly.

Comment

Grilled cheese is a real mans meal, mostly cause most men can figure out how to butter two slices of bread and slap a cheese slice between em.
            Gotta be tomato soup with grilled cheese, great for dipping.

Comment

Would Grilled Ham and Cheese be cheating? and if you really want to cheat use Velveeta

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Makes me happy, on several levels.
                Mebbe it's a cheat, I dunno?
                It'd be tasty, that's all I care bout

• smokin fool
                smokin fool commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh yeah, coupla slabs of Velveeta in grilled cheese is just decadent
                Then there's the ambulance ride to emerg when your heart goes absolutely sideways!!!!!

• Dadof3Illinois
                Dadof3Illinois commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep gotta have a big thick slice of Velveeta and Texas toast!

Just gotta say.
              Wife knocked the simple Supper out of the park last night with the Chicken Noodle Soup.
              She used Better Than Bullion from Walmart for the stock and it was AWESOME.
              It is kind of a paste from a jar and really added some flavor.

Comment

If it isn't frozen and doesn't involve a microwave it's not cheating. Just sayin.

Comment

• Cheef
                  Cheef commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The microwave is the only piece of equipment in the kitchen my wife is not a master of.
                  Need that kernel corn in the freezer warmed up?
                  NO PROBLEM stick it in the magic box on high for 10 minus and she considers it done but has to let it cool for another 10 minutes.

Your post inspired my lunch today.😋
                Click image for larger version

Name:	B5868E5D-EBBB-4708-98F9-1CCFD3BB9C29.jpeg
Views:	202
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	926226

Comment

• Cheef
                  Cheef commented
                  Editing a comment
                  OH MAN that looks good.
                  Cheese sandwiches are just hard to beat.

Toasted cheese with jelly. Any jelly. Heaven

Comment

• hoovarmin
                  hoovarmin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  pepper jelly

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yummo on th toasted cheese sammich with Jelly!

Big +1 to hoovarmin on th pepper jelly, I keep several jars around, Laura Beth brand is what I find in th stores here...

Good Schnit, Maynard!

Every day is a battle to get meals on the table, it can't be cheating of their ain't no rules!

Comment

Gonna be another night of cheating because I got the designated cooking duties.

Double smoked ham slices on the PG500.

Stove Top Stuffing because I AM in charge and consider it pretty darn good.

Green beans out of the can with a little Worcestershire Sauce and chopped garlic because its fast.

Leftover Apple Crisp for desert.

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
                    Dadof3Illinois commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We put the stove top mix in our meatloaf!!!

• Cheef
                    Cheef commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Stovetop in the meatloaf!! That is genius!

• bbqLuv
                    bbqLuv commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And I am not invited?
                    How could you? Now I am not coming over for dinner.
                    Eat well and prosper

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here