Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gimmie some BLT variation suggestions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add a salmon filet.

Comment

Try this!

Comment

Bacon, fried green tomato, lettuce, and a remoulade sauce on buttered, toasted bread.

Comment

I’m with jfosty27, salmon is awesome, esp. with an avacado aioli. But I guess adding the salmon really makes it a great fish sandwich, no longer a simple BLT.

Comment

With beer, liquor, and tequila, seems you are pretty well set.

Comment

There was a restaurant on DDD that did a BLT with soft shell crab. Looked awesome.

Comment

Ditch the lettuce. That's what my food eats.

Avocado and Boiled Shrimp {optional}

Get a great tomato.

A wiser man than myself has said, "there's only 2 things that money can't buy - that's true love and home grown tomatoes".

Comment

I love the addition of avocado to a BLT. And you can do a helluva lot of variation with different spreads or aiolis to change the character of the sammie. Not being able to do the tomatoes sux but you could try different combos like roasted red peppers, charred poblanos etc with chipotle mayo or different mustards. I mean obviously the more you do the further you get away from a BLT but hell, if its a delicious sammie with bacon on it even without tomato its some kind of BLT in my book.

Comment

I had a double decker the other day.

toast
                    mayo
                    lettuce
                    Dubliner cheddar
                    red onion
                    bacon
                    tomato
                    guacamole
                    toast
                    guacamole
                    roasted red pepper
                    bacon
                    tomato
                    Dubliner cheddar
                    lettuce
                    mayo
                    toast

It looks thicker than it was, although it was pretty thick. The mayo, guac, and lettuce layers were pretty thin. It was one hella good sammich.

Comment

I can't help Mosca. I know you are looking for alternatives for your wife's diet restrictions but I just don't think there's any reason to mess with the original version. I don't even appreciate it when we have to use whole grain bread instead of white. That just ruins it for me.

Comment

My favorite BLT is:

toasted sourdough, thick sliced
                        thick cut, black peppered bacon
                        cherokee purple tomato, one slice fits the sammich
                        bibb lettuce
                        Duke's mayo
                        Salt/pepper.

But I'm in agreement with everything listed thus far.

Comment

Jfrosty27 I’m with him, toss some salmon in there!

Comment

Use marinated tomatoes.
                            My niece introduced me to this colorful recipe some time ago. I now make it when I have buffets or large gatherings because it can be prepared hours ahead. This is a great way to use a bumper crop of tomatoes. —Myrtle Matthews, Marietta, Georgia

Comment

Goes without saying. BLT means you use MiracleWhip. Forget the Mayo and go with the classic.

Comment

Swap the bacon for... we call it peameal bacon, I think it is Canadian bacon in the US. Cured pork loin rolled in corn meal.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X
                                false
                                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                                false
                                false
                                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                                Yes
                                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here