Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: All Time Best Classic Sandwich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrPizzle View Post

Lol you beat me to it!
    And gyros, and po'boys, and subs, and grinders, and hoagies, and grilled cheese, and bhan mi, and croissan'wiches and mcmuffins, and filet-o-fish, and spicy chicken, and hot roast beef, and....

Comment

I voted burger - lots of great choices, but that's a easy winner for me.

And I don't get the "burger is not a sandwich" business. Meat, toppings, sauce, cheese, etc. between bread - how is that not a sandwich?

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol, yup. Like I said to another member above, I see both sides. Burgers are so popular they're their own *category of* sandwich most times, but they are, in fact, a sandwich.

I would eat every last one of those with gusto.

However, I could eat cheeseburgers every meal, every day, for the rest of my life.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Me too, most often do, due to time constraints...

J. Wellington Wimpy? Pah!!!
        Bring him on lol!

So many choices, all of which I loves...

Still thinkin on my vote, so if yall smell burnin brain cells, at'd be me

Not my lifetime fave, but dang dang good; I've posted some pbj, pulled pork, melted cheese sammiches here, which were indeed, glorious (to me, an others who partook...)

Now, back to thinkin how to vote...

Last edited by Mr. Bones; March 4, 2020, 06:18 PM. Reason: Ficksed my misspailin lol ;)

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        How much will ya sell yer vote fer? I mean, let’s show em what a real rigged election looks like! 😷

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        FireMan I likeys th way ya thinks, Brother!

if you count FRIED bologna with mustard on white bread I'm going with bologna/cold cuts.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm a fried bologna with just mayo on toasted bread

The quest was for the ALL TIME classic sandwich. Many of those sandwiches have not been around for long. The correct answer is ham and cheese. Leave out the classic reference, and the others come into play. Probably still wins out in the western world anyway.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Dunno, I think PB&J is pretty classic.

I voted French Dip because it was closest to a fully dipped Italian Beef. To be honest there were no bad answers on that poll!

Comment

Hot pastrami on grilled rye with sauerkraut and mustard. But then maybe fried catfish. Then again maybe fajitas...or lamb doner...or chicken shawarma. I give up, sorry.

Comment

I just noticed -- not one mention of Pulled Pork

Braunschweiger on rye, with thin slice onions and brown mustard
          Last edited by Murdy; March 4, 2020, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here