Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: All Time Best Classic Sandwich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POLL: All Time Best Classic Sandwich

If 1 classic sandwich were to be crowned King of Sandwiches, which would you choose?

If you'd pick "other" (which isn't here due to running out of space) post and explain your 'other'.
    Peanut Butter & Jelly
    6.52%
    Tuna
    1.09%
    Hamburger/Cheeseburger
    28.26%
    Bologna/Cold Cuts
    2.17%
    BLT
    7.61%
    Club
    3.26%
    Ham & Cheese
    4.35%
    Philly Steak & Cheese
    11.96%
    Meatloaf
    0%
    Reuben
    20.65%
    Cuban
    6.52%
    Egg Salad
    0%
    French Dip
    6.52%
    Monte Cristo
    1.09%
    Sloppy Joe
    0%

No doubt. A modified Philly cheesesteak is by far the best.
    Modified meaning I used smoked chuckies as the meat.
    It don’t get no better than that. 😛

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      yes it does, broccoli rabe and grilled pickled jalapenos with smoked provolone and chipotle Mayo on it!

Man....a Pastrami on rye came straight to mind. But then I saw PBJ and a few others and thought.....all these are great. It just depends on what kind of mood i’m In or what I’m craving. Salt or sweet???

I can’t pick one....ha!

Comment

You forgot hot dogs...

Comment

• au4stree
        au4stree commented
        Editing a comment
        I came here for this.

If you had PASTRAMI Reuben, that would have gotten my vote. You forgot cold catfish sammich...i know, I know, it sounds unappetizing as hell, but it's killer! Cold catfish, spicy slaw, pickles, and some Mayo, all on sourdough....

Comment

• barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        You had me at pastrami......then lost me on the catfish.......

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        barelfly just try it, your welcome.

Great poll Huskee. Honestly, if pastrami, corned beef had been on the ballot, would have gone with pastrami. On rye with seeds and a spicy deli mustard. Katz and the former Stage Deli. Been to both. The Sheraton Tower was my home away from home for 4 months in late 90s. The stage was across the street. Ate a lot of pastrami sandwiches there.

Comment

• barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s three replies for pastrami!!! Two of them on rye! We are on to something over here!

I’ll throw some homemade sauer kraut on mine please!

My vote would be for pastrami on rye with mustard.

Comment

I went with BLT only because I don't consider a burger or cheesesteak a sandwich. I know, technically they are, but generally on a menu burgers, patty melts and cheesesteaks are listed under 'Burgers' and the others are listed under 'Sandwiches'.

Comment

• Rod
          Rod commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree 100%

I debated between pastrami and meatloaf, I knew if I didn't include one of them it would get mentioned

Also didn't have room for grilled cheese.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
          ComfortablyNumb commented
          Editing a comment
          Not to mention 'Knuckle'....

Such a hard decision between burger and cheesesteak. I went with burger since there are so few truly great cheesesteaks but a good burger is easy to come by.

Comment

Your list is missing the banh mi.

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            A banh mi is a pretty darn good sandwich.

• barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            What kind of bahn mi......my favorite, was the pork belly bahn mi rubbed with five spice rub that I made a few years back. I highly recommend it

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            barelfly pork belly banh mi is the way to go or grilled pork chops. But I've even had killer vegetarian banh mi.

I spent way more time on this than I care to admit. I’d gladly dig into just about any of those on any given day. They all satisfy a different craving.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2A568481-5040-4CF5-8F8A-70AA0667FF71.jpeg
Views:	397
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	810932 Living my first 25 years in Western New York makes me write in my answer as a Beef on Weck sandwich. This is thinly hand sliced slow roasted medium rare beef on a Kummelweck roll where the lid has been dipped in Au Jus and is served with prepared horseradish.

The Kummelweck roll is a Kaiser roll that is made with coarse salt and caraway seeds on top of it.

I’ll get mine with a side of German Potato Salad instead of fries

Comment

• pkadare
              pkadare commented
              Editing a comment
              I used to live in Burlington, Ont, about 45 minutes from the border and had an aunt, uncle, and cousins who lived in Amherst. I used to insist on a beef on weck whenever we visited! Love those things!

Now if it has to be on two slices of bread it would be a grilled cheese sandwich made with two slices of Kraft American cheese.

Comment

• ofelles
              ofelles commented
              Editing a comment
              You and my wife, but 3 slices.

• IowaGirl
              IowaGirl commented
              Editing a comment
              And maybe some thin sliced ham. Or an over-easy egg. Or maybe both?

Well, lot's of good ones on that list, but I'm missing a fully loaded roast beef sandwich. It seems pretty close to ssandy_561's beef on weck.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here