Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat Pie video.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat Pie video.

The long one is FINALLY up. I'll be editing the short version in the next couple of days. that should go faster since I have finally figured out the basics of the editing studio software.

This should be the link. be kind. be truthful, but be kind. http://youtu.be/Cgpqttu4ato

I have decided I don't like my voice! I did well as a DJ but, I guess it is because when you hear it back, it doesn't sound like you hear it in your head. I had the same problem when I was making check tapes and doing commercial production. I can talk all day. listening to myself from the outside is something else. I'll get used to it again.

Suddenly, I remember how much I respected the production guys at my stations. even more, how much I REALLY worshiped the REAL production engineers back in the 60's & 70's. the production guys who found ways to create all they WAY cool effects in music. groups like the Moody Blues and their psychedelic sound. a lot of it was done, as Justin Hayward tells it, but him playing into a large garbage can and the production engineer recording the echo sound that came back. or Three Dog Night and their song, Liar, which was recorded in a large Men's room because the hard surfaces offered that GREAT echo back. several vocal groups would move a mic to a stairwell for a similar reason, different kind of echo. all of this is available via a push button toggle on a software program, these days. but, Brian May's The Prophet's song created their fugues by running a tape into one recorder then playing it into another with the tape running straight between the two machines. fine tuning the distance between the two machines so the length of the tape was the exact amount of time Freddie wanted between his phrases echoed back.

MAN. it is amazing when you think of that stuff, that incredible imagination that came as much from the man, chain smoking at the board and the people in the studios.

It's been a LONG time since I have done that. I may just put on some old music today, just to admire the production work. amazing stuff. but, not until I edit the short version.

Your voice is great! Nice work! I'm not all the way thru the vid but its very nice.

edit: There is a ton of great info in this.
    Last edited by Jon Solberg; April 12, 2015, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Did you put the dents in the mixing pan with HWMO head?😆 Nice job on the video.
      Last edited by DWCowles; April 12, 2015, 04:31 AM.

Comment

yes, actually. I think he talked back once. He doesn't do that, anymore.....

Comment

Karon Adams I don't blame HWMO for not talking back anymore!!! That's a nasty dent. Anyway, great video...instruction is very clear and easy to follow. I also have more to watch but what I've seen so far is excellent. Great job, Karon!

Comment

Thanks guys. You are all making me feel MUCH better about this and FAR less hesitant.

Comment

Very nicely done! I didn't watch the whole video but I really enjoyed the parts I did watch. Your cadence and explanations mirrored those of professional cooks doing their own shows - you sounded like a pro.

Comment

Bees arriving at 8 AM tomorrow morning and I have to go pick them up. HWMO has to go ruin someone's ENTIRE day in the hinterlands! and must be THER at 8:30. so, I made him breakfast. egg, semi scrambled, pork breakfast sausage, anout 1 1/2 oz Cherizo sausage. some chopped Pablan Click image for larger version

Name:	breakfast meat pie for HWMO.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	213.4 KB
ID:	79030 o & sweet yellow peppers with a bit of salt and pepper. tossed in the oven when he gets up, shave, cress feed dogs and so on, grab the pie and out the door!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here