Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sloppy Joes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sloppy Joes

Planned on making lasagne for my peeps for today. This past Sunday was by far my laziest in yonks.
    Bought 14# minced meat for the meal and never found the energy to prepare the lasagne. After mulling things around late last night I decided to make Sloppy Joes "per the free side" kind of.
    The meal turned out great but wasn't able to follow the recipe to the T as I would liked to have.
    1- used red yellow and green peppers - reason had them all
    2 - used peri peri powder instead of ancho or American chilli - reason can't get here
    3 - grated the carrots instead of chopping - was easier
    4 - used Huskees Shawsh instead of KC style - my peeps love HS
    5 - didn't smoke the mince but made huge smash burger patties and browned them on the flattop - didn't have the time to give them a smoke and my gas bottle for the smoker was empty.
    6 - used homemade bacon - recipe didn't specify and homemade is better.

It honestly turned out good. One person commented that he notices I like to make American stuff so when am I doing chili cheese dogs.

When you do the chili cheese dogs I want to see the photos! All of the reasons above are exactly why you have fun with Sloppy Joes. The ingredients make themselves up as you go along. Sounds delicious.

Comment

Sounds yummy.

Comment

Sounds good to me, I could make a couple meals out of that.

Comment

Good!!!

Comment

Sounds great. Nice improvising.

Comment

The misses is trying to sell me on a Sloppy Joe recipe with bigger chunks of ground beef. Will post when we make it later this week.

Comment

Serious my friend, that sounds amazing!

Comment

Sounds great, good old 'Merican Sloppy Joes !! Glad to see we have influence over your cooking !!! Take some pix next time.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here