Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My New Carb Free Sandwich!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My New Carb Free Sandwich!

Definitely going to try this!
    The internet: What a place! It is a fount of strange and wonderful ideas, from Cheddar Bay Biscuit-crusted fried chicken to queso using cream of chicken soup. It is here on the internet, about a month ago, that I saw a sandwich with dill pickles in place of bread. Ideas like this are typically good for a “like” or a…

Cool sammy !

Comment

I'm thinkin' a New York Kosher Dill would be great for this.

Comment

Wow. Just Wow.

Comment

Nice idea. Would be fun to try, perhaps on a smaller scale. I'm thinking some of my pastrami in a dill pickle sammie...might be pretty tasty. Thanks for the link, pkadare .

Kathryn

Comment

Meh, I can't see me getting into that, so I'll keep the carbs with this one linked at the bottom of your page: https://thetakeout.com/midwest-bread...owa-1836389095

Comment

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              I *WANT* one of those, bad, now. I'm hungry!

• ComfortablyNumb
              ComfortablyNumb commented
              Editing a comment
              jfmorris I know, eh! Fortunately I have some pork tenderloin in the freezer, just have to find my old abalone pounder.

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep.

Comment

My wife would try this in a heartbeat, but unfortunately, she hates kosher dills. She wants "regular dills" only. Me and the kids like the koshers. That said, I cannot recall ever seeing pickles in Alabama big enough to make a sandwich on! Unless it is a really small "slider" sandwich I suppose...

Comment

Very cool. I'm definitely going to try this.

Comment

Now that's dilly.
                  I'd eat that.

Comment

Thinking one should press-dry the pickle halves on paper towels before assembly. Maybe even grill said pickles beforehand.

Comment

Been wanting to try this but haven't found a suitable pickle yet.

Comment

Willing to try this out, looks like a great flavour pairing...

But, seriously, my system runs on heavy carbs, as well as proteins....

Comment

• jumbo7676
                          jumbo7676 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Add some carbs by breading and frying the pickle first.

now that's different for sure

Comment

Very interesting. Wondering, if you scoop out the middle of the dills, stuff it with the meats and such, could you press it in a panini press and make a Cuban sammich outta it?

Comment

• N227GB
                            N227GB commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Now there's an idea!

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here