Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holding meat in cambro question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holding meat in cambro question

If one cooks a bunch of meat to keep for a later reheat say a day or 2 or wherever. Is it necessary to hold the meat first before packing it for reheating.
    I find a fair ammount of juices after a hold and was curious as to whether this moisture loss has any affect when reheating. I am of course refering to reheating hole hunks of meat?
    And after reheating do you have a second cambro?

Yes hold. That hold time helps to break down collagen and render fat as well. usually no 2nd hold. Bring back up to service temp, and proceede.

Comment

Not sure what meat specifically, or if this is just a general inquiry but I will hold upon the initial cook, 1-4hrs for butts/chucks (pulled beef) and brisket. Then upon reheat, I do not do any extra faux cambro hold, I simply reheat. No hold for ribs.

Comment

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        texastweeter thanks guy's was concerned about meat drying out on reheating after primary hold.

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        how did the pastrami turn out? holehogg

I will hold the meat for at least 2 hours, then vac seal, shock and freeze.

Comment

Spinaker ..... OH yea SHOCK ME (or was that shock meat? I'm so confused).....

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          😂 Something like that

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here